Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_curl

What's the threat?

Rebecca Curl
8 years ago
Why not answer the questions? Not everyone has money to hire a designer nor to repeatedly paint a room. Some of the furniture pieces may not be in a persons budget even when they would love to buy them. There will always be wealthy people in the world that will hire designers just as there will always be the less fortunate. I believe you should share your information if you choose to show your pictures.
Sims Hilditch, Cotswold Manor House · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Sims Hilditch
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I want to explain to you why we cannot offer this information. We work with a wide variety suppliers on each of our projects of which, many the items specified are bespoke. We share our photos for illustrate purposes whereby people are able to enjoy our work and take inspiration. We do (where possible) answer questions regarding paint colours and where you may find similar items. If you have a specific queries, please don't hesitate to ask and we will try our best to help.

I do hope this answers your question.

Best wishes,

• PRO
    Green Brick Builders
    7 years ago
    My friend is a designer and she explained that if she keep telling people where to buy the items she researches so hard to find for her clients, then how is she going to make a living if she keep on researching where to find certain items and give the information for free? No one likes to work for free, I certainly don't. Certain items the professionals here can share with us but others they can't and when they can't it's because it was specifically researched for the client who hired them and it's because the cost is also prohibitive. My friend said some pieces are not cheap (often the one they can't disclose) but if someone is truly interested, they can always contact the lead designer directly and order the piece.