0
Find the right pro for your project

astello indigo agastache - can I wintersow this?

loisthegardener_nc7b

All the seed packets for this agastache say to sow inside and plant out in spring. I'd rather wintersow but can't find any info on wintersowing this type of agastache. Has anyone had success in wintersowing Astello Indigo?

• morz8

Not this particular agastache, but it sounds like a good candidate for winter sowing.

Surface sow 60-68F, keep moist, germination may take 30 days or as long as 90....I'm going to guess if you winter sowed now in a Z7, you would find late winter or early spring germination.

• ZachS. z5 Platteville, Colorado

I had better luck sowing A. rupestris seeds indoors than winter sowing them, and the seeds dropped by my A. cana germinate in the late summer and fall before we get frost. Not saying that WS is a bad idea, but in my experience, the Agastaches definitely don't need the stratification.

• ponyexpress_1

Where did you get the seeds? I think this is a great variety from what I've seen online.

• loisthegardener_nc7b

I got mine from swallowtail garden seeds.

• ponyexpress_1

Thank you.