Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmlbeaujour

what wall paint color for bathroom with charcoal floor tiles

jmlbeaujour
8 years ago

Hi,

I am remodeling my bathroom. the walls by the tub are covered with Calacatta White Glazard Porcelain tile (with a horizontal "line" of accents) : see below. The floor is covered with charcoal color tiles.

The tub, sink, and vanity are all white. I made a recessed cabinet (not finished yet), and will paint it semi-gloss ultra-white, same thing for all the trims..

I have yet to decide the color of the walls, and would appreciate some suggestions. This is what I have so far:

option1: porcelain Sherwin Williams. Pros: brighten the room (the bathroom is quite small), will make the white trims stand-out. CONs: this "creamy" color does not match any of the shades in the wall tiles.

option2; snowbound Sherwin Williams. Pros: brighten the room. CONs: white wall+white trims ==> too much ??

option2: light grey. Pros: white trims will stand out, matches some shades in wall tiles. - CONs: grey might make the room darker, therefore smaller.

A more general question: to make a small room appear bigger is it better to have little color contrast between the trims and the wall?

Thank you

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath