Shop Products
anniedeighnaugh

Quartz closest to carrera marble?

Annie Deighnaugh

GF really likes the look of carrera but wants the carefree-ness of quartz. We've been looking at Cambria, Zodiac, Ceasarstone. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Also we are looking at Cambria Berwyn...any comments, photos, back splash combos etc would be appreciated.

• Sue Kiniery

Hoping someone can help. I loved all the pictures everyone posted of London Sky so I ordered a sample. This is what was sent to me. It looks nothing like photos posted. Are there areas like this??

• Lily Spider

I do not have London sky but I have never seen a photo that looks like this. London sky is so soft looking. I would call and see if maybe your sample was mismarked? It looks more like their status white?

• mtnmom9

Our quote last month for Silestone Snowy Ibiza at Home Depot in Colorado was on sale for $63/sq ft for 3cm thickness. I think it's frequently on sale. It looks similar to London Sky in pics.

• oldbat2be

kdans25 - that Laza is beautiful! Any update?

• jkn1319

Hi Sue, we have London Sky in our kitchen and you all have to be correct. Zodiaq had to have accidentally marked a pattern like Stratus White or maybe Snowdrift as London Sky.

• tbchic
    For those that went with the marble look quartz what floors did you end up doing? I feel like all the pics I see have wood, which I love, but wondering if anyone chose a porcelain tile for their flooring (not a wood look tile)
    I can't seem to find anyone who has done porcelain with marble look counters.

Here is a tile I like by think it doesn't go with the QM Organic white
  • lisar789

tbchic, if you want a tile floor, I would go with a medium to darker gray/greige color tile or how about a wood-look tile? They look like real wood these days! I think these samples in photo are too similar to use together and you may not be happy.

• jmarsh17

Sue - I ordered a sample of London Sky a few days ago from the DuPont provider. I'll post a pic when it arrives to compare. Edited to add - sample arrived.

• sahai6

tbchic,

My kitchen will be demolished in June of this year and I am getting Cambria Swanbridge.

I am getting porcelain tile and it is medium gray color. It is more in solid color and does not have any veins and it won't clash with Swanbridge counter top.

Hope it helps.

Mindy

• tbchic

lisar789 - Thank you, I agree that I won't be happy with that tile. I found a wood look tile, but my issue is that i have engineered wood in an adjoining room so butting them next to the wood will not look right. The existing wood is ok, but not enough that i would want to extend it into my kitchen/family room/nook area. I am trying to talk hubby into re-doing all wood so I can have in kitchen, but then there's the $$$ and upkeep aspect that worries me.

sahai6 - The Swanbridge looks pretty! Have you picked out your tile? If so can you share the name? We have a bunch of grey samples, but I think I need to make another trip to the tile store to go over again.

• southamptontoni

Loving my new countertops London Sky DuPont

• sahai6

tbchic,

Yes, I have selected the tile. It is from Dal Tile.

It is called Ambassador - Jet Setter Dusk. Its code is AM34. Its picture on Dal Tile site is not very good.

I love this tile as it is a abstract design and does not clash with the countertop. Moreover, my cabinets will be white with hi gloss finish and counter tops are also white . My kitchen also gets tons of lights because if lots of windows and it is a south facing kitchen.

Hope it helps.

Mindy

• tbchic

thank you sahai6 I will check that out. Looks nice and I like that it comes in large format.

• southamptontoni

tbchic, My backsplash will be done tomorrow; I will post a pic. Im using 4x12 Thassos white marble laid in brick pattern.

• jmarsh17

Southamptontoni- beautiful kitchen and the countertops are fabulous! What thickness did you use? Did you use the same cm on island and perimeter cabs? How did you specify your edge treatment. Tks!

• Anna S

I'm looking for a white marble quartz with grey patterning for my breakfast bar. My countertops will be dark grey Ceaserstone. Do anyone have any suggestions? I love the Lava, but it looks like the veining is too warm for my needs.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

• sahai6

A,

I am getting Cambria Swanbridge counter tops installed in June. It is white with some gray veins. In my opinion, its vening is not warm at all. That is the way I wanted it too.

Hope it helps.

Mindy

• southamptontoni

jmarsh17 I used 1.25 inch around the perimeter of the island and 2.5inch island. The edge is squared edged buffed down just enough not to be sharp.

• katieleabrown86

Southamtontoni is your backsplash installed yet? Your kitchen looks gorgeous!

• Audrey L

Katieleabrown86 - can you post photos of your organic white? I'm considering it in a bathroom with white cabinets and gray floor. With a soft carrera wall tile so concerned about it being too white but the photos so far look great. Thanks!

• cant_sleep

I have zodiaq coarse Carrera. Bluish grey being on a white background. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. There are pictures on Houzz if you use it as a search term. I love it and have received many compliments on it. My first choice was Hanstone Tranquility but it was considerably more expensive.

• bcg2014

@southamptontoni would love to see your backsplash- love your kitchen - having a difficult time finding a quartz I love

• katieleabrown86

@audreyl here are some close ups. Try to get a sample if you can. It reads very white but does have a grey cast to it also

• srri

Your kitchen is beautiful katieleabrown86. Love your backsplash!

• sahai6

katieleabrown,

Your kitchen is beautiful! Do you mind sharing the name, color brand and material of your backsplash?

Thank you in advance.

Mindy

• katieleabrown86

Hi Mindy, I was out of town sorry to take so long to respond. Here is my the link to my reveal and I source the tile and grout. I used matte, sometimes I wish I had done a shiny tile instead, but that's just a preference thing. My reveal

• bcg2014

• Melanie Rubery

would love to know if anyone has seen the vicostone giogia carrara in person?

• dsolo84

This thread was incredibly helpful..thanks for all the posts and pictures. We ended up going with a new-ish quartz called Tipperary by Della Terra (sold by Arizona Tile). We had a total of 70 SQ ft and it came in $2600 less than Ceaserstone and I am very happy with how it came out. We installed a 5cm mitered edge as well. Still working on backsplash, hood vent and floors but happy with the progress so far. ****trying to post a few pictures but not working today***

• Eric D

Dsolo84. Any chance you can post a picture of your Tipperary counter? We really liked the sample when we saw it in person but on the Arizona tile website it looks beige?

• dsolo84
    Tipperary quartz
  • dsolo84
    Another
  • dsolo84
    Another Tipperary
  • Eric D

Thank you! That just sealed the deal, also your kitchen looks great

• dsolo84

Thanks...not done yet but happy with what we have up so far, and the quartz was exactly what we wanted. Good luck with everything!

• Ann Smih

Are Arizona Tile quartz's available in Chicago?

• dsolo84

I don't think so, looks like the closest one to Chicago is in Iowa.

• Danielle
    Zodiac neve has beautiful veining and isn’t grainy. I get asked if our kitchen is marble quite often. It has depth which I think a lot of quartz samples we looked at were missing.
  • hiccup4

Is Zodiac the same as Dupont in Canada? London Sky seems to be a hit here! Do you think it would 'go' with white-cream cabinets?

• DrB477

London sky has a creamy/warm white base.

• lisar789

I think London Sky would go with Ivory cabinets, as long as they aren't too yellow-based. I still love my counter tops!

• kdans25
    Happy to see that this thread is still alive! I never posted my final pictures and I know it helped be greatly to see everyone else’s finished products...so here it is. Really enjoying the London Sky and get a lot of compliments on it.
  • lisar789

It's lovely! I know you must be enjoying it!

• efm270

Kdans25, your kitchen is lovely. What's the backsplash?

• kdans25
    Thanks, efm270! It’s a 2x6 tile by Fireclay Tile out of San Francisco called Salton Sea. It’s a bit greener than it looks in the photos - a nice greenish gray. We enjoy the bit of color against all the white. Here is the link:
    https://www.fireclaytile.com/tile/colors/detail/salton-sea/
  • Melissa Franco
    Anyone who has put the Calacatta Vicenza, any regrets? I’m leaning towards that for my kitchen but I want my counter tops to be mostly white with just little specks of gray here and there. In some pictures I find Kitchens who have huge chunks of gray and very busy. Any opinions? I was also thinking about cashmere Carrara? Any help is appreciated
  • MD4square

MSI Carrara Caldia is very good!

• Melissa Haydon McCormack
    last year

@Melissa Franco what did you end up putting in?

• Stephanie Porvaznik
    last year

Those of you that have Tipperary quartz, which backsplash did you pair it with?

• Janice Kelly

White subway tile