Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom57

NEED STAINLESS STEEL HANDLES FOR MY REFRIGERATOR

mom57
11 years ago
Does anybody know if i purchase a white refrigerator can I change the handles to stainless steel. Would I be able to purchase them from the same manufacturer or is there an online site the sells them for that particular model?

Comments (19)

• PRO
    Norm Walters Construction Inc.
    11 years ago
    If you find a refrigerator that comes in both a stainless steel model and a white model, I'm sure you can order the stainless steel handles from the manufacturer. Just make sure they are both the same model number except for the SS for stainless steel, and WW for white.
  • mom57
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    That's what I originally thougt. The question is will the manufacture sell the stainless steel handels? I'll have to ask the company before I purchase, Thank you.
  • kitandkaboodle
    9 years ago
    What did you end up doing? I am also looking for a white refrigerator with stainless steel handles. Does anyone know of any models that come this way? or companies that sell both models where I can purchase a white refrigerator put stainless steel handles on it? I prefer a 33" wide fridge but may have to go with a 36". Online, I've found whirlpool's 30 and 36" white ice with these features. But, I can't find them on display in my area (washington dc area). I don't want to purchase a fridge sight unseen.
  • mom57
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Haven't purchased my fridge yet, but when I do I'll find a line that has both white and stainless and purchase the handles from manufacturer...most of the time they are very accommodating. Good luck. I also hate to buy sight unseen.
  • Meet Me at the Wrecking Ball
    9 years ago
    Wonder if you have considered how high-maintenance stainless handles will be. My stainless fridge has black handles--and I understand why. I live by myself, so I don't have to worry about little hands making little fingerprints. Even so, my fingerprints appear on the door and I find myself having to clean it a lot.
    mom57 thanked Meet Me at the Wrecking Ball
  • mom57
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    didn't think about that...and I'm OCD about fingerprints.
  • PRO
    Jane Antonacci Interior Design
    9 years ago
    You don't really need to change the handles. after a few days you won't even notice them.
  • Carguy .
    9 years ago
    This was my goal also when we redid our kitchen. My wife wanted white appliances and I liked stainless. So I started by getting a stainless handle for the dishwasher. Easy to change out and I like how it looks. Thought I would do the same for the refrigerator but never got around to it and now I probably won't.
    mom57 thanked Carguy .
  • tianani
    8 years ago

Such a great idea. I have a stainless steel refrigerator. I wondered if I purchased a white dishwasher and stove (cabinets are white) with stainless steel handles, would it play off with the stainless steel fridge and look good. I never thought of that possibility (switching handles).

• tianani
    8 years ago

The idea of white with stainless steel handles and stainless steel fridge, playing off each other, what are thoughts about that?

• naters11
    7 years ago

Not many people do it, but I find it a nice look.

• kitandkaboodle
    7 years ago

Julie, would love to see a picture when all the updates are complete.

• Karen Taylor
    5 years ago

In the process of doing this with my white GE stove, (changing out the handle and knobs for the stainless version) and in the market for refrigerator so will likely do the same.

• anneelk
    5 years ago

Changing out the handles is such a GREAT idea! Opens up many more possibilities. We're soon to start a remodel and the only white/stainless handles appliances I found were Whirlpool White Ice, which is discontinued, and Kitchen Aide. Of course, the fridge I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to have is here. I'd get the Northstar 1958 in white or robins egg blue. To. Die. For. https://www.elmirastoveworks.com/northstar/refrigerators/models/

• zumba1
    5 years ago

Car guy that handle for the dishwasher is perfect! Do you remember where you bought it? Thanks for posting the photos!

• PRO
  • mainenell
    5 years ago
    Applianceparts.com I believe is the website.
  • zumba1
    5 years ago

Thank you design intervention and mainenell! I appreciate the advice!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES