Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northgehl

Have you decided to get away this Valentine's Day?

havingfun
8 years ago

Journey with us on some unique get away hotel rooms. It fits here because somebody - though noone will fess up, must have designed them. Enjoy and please vote!

1. the Moon Room

Best Themed Hotel Rooms - Luxurious Fantasy Hotel Rooms · More Info

2. 007 room

1. Barbie's Dream House

2. Boat House

Funny Pictures of Redneck Inventions · More Info

5. Eloise Room

6. Adventure Land Suite

1. Tiffany Suite
    8. Tardis on the Water
    Doctor Who Tardis Stock Photos, Images, & Pictures | Shutterstock · More Info

The Moon Room, for Astronaut wannabes and those who wish to be lighter than air
007 - I like my secret agents to be a little more unusual?
Barbie - what could I add?
The boat house, romantic retreat down the river, Shaded porch!
Eloise - I don't know her, don't think I want to be her?
Disney World's Adventure Land Suite for the explorer in all of us! Even has a Rainforest in the bathroom.
Tiffany Suite - Where are the Diamonds, can I keep them?
Tardis - Time, Space, and wet toes!

Comments (55)

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Jewellery design | Dezeen · More Info
    Ok, i did not think i could get enough to start a new poll, But who is brave enough to give this?

My understanding is you swallow a bit of gold, guessing you shape and begem upon retrieval? Certainly a one of a kind for the person who has everything. Ewwwwww!

• mefor
    8 years ago

Really???? It's supposed to be a gift from the heart...

ha!!

havingfun thanked mefor
  • Ava Williams
    8 years ago

Good poll question!

havingfun thanked Ava Williams
  • Ava Williams
    8 years ago

havingfun, weren't you the person who's aid may you find happiness somewhere? Well if you were thx and I did!

havingfun thanked Ava Williams
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

thank you ava, I love things that are topic related, but show a bit of the bizarreness of it all. And obviously so do all the wonderful people who come in!

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

do to consistant brain burps, I am no longer sure. Regardless, I am very happy you did. Getting ready to do another poll on designer parks, oh and over the top designer rooms. So keep your eyes peeled!

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mefor! back to that bizarre topic in my last post - the gold jewelry, I was shopping for pillows this morning - what else? And came across this-

Amazon.com: pink pillows: Home & Kitchen · More Info
    a pink poo meme! on amazon yet! Now I ask you...lol

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

we could all get one and rest our weary heads?

• mefor
    8 years ago

There are a lot of people on houzz who are full of those pillows...

takes all kinds, doesn't it? At least the jewelry was kind of pretty, if you didn't know where it came from ;)

havingfun thanked mefor
  • mefor
    8 years ago

I added a post to your gifts part III

havingfun thanked mefor
  • roxsol
    8 years ago
    havingfun...the more I stick around HOUZZ the more I see that things like this are nowhere near bizarre. They actually make a lot of sense to me. I love the pillow! :)
    havingfun thanked roxsol
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Roxsy, I hope i never have to go where that pillow makes sense, although you are there already. I have to wonder is it as bad as it seems? hmmmm.... lol

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Mefor, sometimes, i am a bit slow on the uptake, now i get it. not that lots own the pillows, well i guess they do in a way for a while? lol

• roxsol
    8 years ago
    lol havingfun, it is not bad at all! I have always said, I love HOUZZ for the pictures. That is why my sister, a long time Houzzer sent me here. The other stuff is a bonus! There is a lot of good conversation and when the craziness begins you can just leave. :)
    havingfun thanked roxsol
  • Margo
    8 years ago

I wish in my heart of hearts we could all just get along.

havingfun thanked Margo
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

margo, you have got to be kidding me, surely you know that cannot happen? I have been here 6 months and have intensively had it pointed out to me on several occasions by different people. some come in just to prevent it. Including just yesterday by orange butt and head in sand! head in sand actually follows me around apparently!

Anyway on to better things. Remember how your activity used to show your activity and everyone you were following? It does not do that anymore? Cause mine no longer does.

Wow, who knew Roxsy has a sister who plays with us?! lol

• roxsol
    8 years ago

Margo I agree. I love having fun…and havingfun lol…….I just want to look at the pretty pictures, read the threads, and join in when there is some silliness going on. I also enjoy some of the great conversation that goes on. I hate, hate, hate it when a thread turns ugly. Lately, some of the threads I join in on, I get pounced upon and that thread goes to garbage. I don't want to take "sides", I don't want to join committees and I don't like being called names. Some people you just have to be understanding with and have compassion for…they truly have problems.

havingfun thanked roxsol
  • roxsol
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My sister is the executor for my mothers will. She would find some way for mom to disown me if I said who she is. …..She is way more serious than me. lol

havingfun thanked roxsol
  • Margo
    8 years ago

I hear you roxsol. I have been trying to keep things light heart ed. I just got attacked pretty badly on Avery thread by someone I do not even know. None of it would have happened if my name was not brought up so many times over things I have no control over. I do not hold grudges but boy, there are some hard hearts on this site that have no room for forgiveness ever, so sad!

havingfun thanked Margo
  • roxsol
    8 years ago

I know Margo! You should be flattered though. You have a follower that just aches for your approval…..Maybe it is something they lacked growing up..who knows?

Sorry havingfun, these problems are vewwwy, vewwwy, minor in the grand scheme of things. Life is very short. Enjoy, laugh, smile, share, as much as you can.

Now, back to Valentines Day gifts!

havingfun thanked roxsol
  • roxsol
    8 years ago

I'm going back to "liking" myself!

havingfun thanked roxsol
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

margo on the one site you just left? with the queen thing? I don't think they meant you? sometimes you are too easy to pick on. I get it, so am i.

And I know they are Roxsy, it is just sometimes, you get royally tired of it, and you feel like why should i have to not say anything? somebody caught you on that one Roxsy! tehehe

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

it is getting late but i think i will go post the over the top designer rooms, to cheer you two up!

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Now pantone is going to come and say , "See, we told you so." lol

• mefor
    8 years ago

Hmmmmm, I only meant that some of the design advice given on Houzz is given by people who are "full of" those emoji poo pillows. Not pointing fingers at any particular people. Don't have time for that nonsense. Lots on my plate, peaceful existence :)

havingfun thanked mefor
  • mefor
    8 years ago

I don't mind the Pantone pink on this door, such a lovely setting. Simple and soft

havingfun thanked mefor
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I know, that is what i was saying, i figured that out! At first i thought you meant somebody bought a bunch! lol

You know, I thought about the whole not get along bit. What i was trying to say was that, i think some people do not wish to get along with the group. Have you ever looked at any other social media? sometimes I see it when i look at science articles and stuff. The number of people who say stupid, angry or attacking things far outweigh anyone else. They have no desire for discourse or discussing the pros and cons of the situation. They just want to upset (?) people? If you consider that is 80-90% of the participants, we are not doing so bad on Houzz. shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone! lol

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hmmm, i have to agree with you, and i never thought i would ever agree with pink!

• mefor
    8 years ago

Social media is a difficult place to be, for sure. Best to roll with it and just ignore the bumps in the road. I've met some absolutely beautiful people on the Internet, so that outweighs the bad.

I know, pink is difficult, but I love a pale, pale pink used perfectly. It can be adapted to so many rooms and styles.

havingfun thanked mefor
  • tgb1
    8 years ago

Mefor - does that pic have any paint info for that door? It's beautiful! I also love a very pale pink..

havingfun thanked tgb1
  • mefor
    8 years ago

Apparently it's a Swedish linseed oil paint, Allback, color is Gammelrosa, with a hint of white. But, I can find a close match in nearly any paint company you'd want. :)

havingfun thanked mefor
  • tgb1
    8 years ago

Thanks for the info : ) Unfortunately, not an appropriate color for anywhere in my house, but I do love it...

havingfun thanked tgb1
  • mefor
    8 years ago

Know what you mean, love it, but it's not right for anywhere in my home either. I do love when a poster is looking for a perfect pale pink, seems it's always for baby rooms, but look how beautifully it works on the door in that hall/mudroom, just gorgeous.

here are a few sherwin Williams colors that remind of the pink they used, just because I looked them up and darn it, I'm going to post them somewhere :)

havingfun thanked mefor
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

i have a folder just for color palettes.

• mefor
    8 years ago

Design Junkie :)

me too

havingfun thanked mefor
  • tgb1
    8 years ago

Thanks mefor! I get happy just looking at those colors : ))

havingfun thanked tgb1
  • mefor
    8 years ago

You're welcome, I completely understand that kind of happy :)

havingfun thanked mefor
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I want to know what is in the basket?

• havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

i have to admit i love the way the redneck inventions are doing in these polls. those this is the first I have posted that i feel a bit insecure about its ability to perform.

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Funny thing HF, hubby & I will be on a cruise on Valentine's Day...haha you must have known somehow ;)

I did like the Moon Room though!

havingfun thanked LouieT
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I think i saw some mosquito netting balled up in the corner, you could hang it up, sleep with your toes in the water!

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Hope there's no mozzies on a cruise ship!

We have a balcony but I hope it's well above the water line :(

...wish me luck for first time cruisers!

havingfun thanked LouieT
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

good luck and enjoy! Where do Aussies sale? around the island? to the mainland? Surely you do not fly here to cruise to Alaska? tehehe

• LouieT
    8 years ago

Brisbane to the South Pacific 10 days, Port Vila Noumea, Lifou New Caledonia, 3 other island/beach ports. Snorkelling, swimming, eating, drinking & merriment I hope ;) They even have a rock climbing wall...watching & waving will I be ;)

havingfun thanked LouieT
  • LouieT
    8 years ago

Excited I am !!!

havingfun thanked LouieT
  • havingfun
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Now see, i always learned you were in the S. Pacific? Sounds like fun. Have you ever been snorkeling? it is probably the only thing i miss some. that and the sand between my toes once in a while? I got a couple hints if you want.

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994