Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sajl2011

Help with dining room...

sajl2011
11 years ago
I need something on this wall to finish the dining room. I was thinking about a shelf, picture or even a floor mirror (saw that idea in west elm's catalogue).
Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (15)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Great pick by Manon Floreat, that would compliment the wall color very well !
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    sajl2011

Love the dining chairs and the wall color. Agree w/Dytecture, great pick by Manon on the art.

What do you think about changing the light?

Any chance you could post a couple of more pictures showing different views of the room?

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • Judit
    11 years ago
    another gloomy and miserable gray interior...
  • lefty47
    11 years ago
    HI --I think that is a good choice and I think the room looks nice and fresh and young .
  • sajl2011
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you for the suggestions! I do like that painting!
    And Lovonne I would love to change out the light fixture...I'm still looking
    for one I love!
  • PRO
    JWinteriors
    11 years ago
    A drum light with a cream shade would be lovely and contemporary. Could have crystals on it for some bling.
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    11 years ago
    Hi, artwork is the best answer here. One large piece will have a more modern effect and a grouping of smaller pieces will render the room more Traditional. To add height to the room use a piece of art that allows some vacant wall space above it. Then hang a second but smaller piece above it. This will add the illusion of height. Last, if I were doing this room I would find a chandalier with more volume. A pendant with an upturned bowl or a Transitional chandalier.
  • PRO
    ArtHaus Gallery
    11 years ago
    A work of art giving a nod to mid-century would be wonderful. I suggest Marc Lambrechts at www.arthaus-sf.com
  • sajl2011
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you guys for all your ideas!
    I will defiantly look into a pendant light!
    I was wondering if you have any other suggestions for art work from somewhere like ballard designs or world market, places like that! (I do like the horse pictures from ballard designs but not sure if it will go in this room)
    Thanks!
  • Jennifer
    11 years ago
    I like the room very much! What about the hanging capiz pendant in white from west elm?

http://www.westelm.com/products/large-rectangle-hanging-capiz-pendant-white-w696/quicklook.html?pkey=cchandeliers-pendant-lighting&cm_src=chandeliers-pendant-lighting||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

The room has a lot of masculine features and the delicate capiz pendant would be beautiful! I am eyeing the grey pendant but I think the white would work best in your dining room. Good luck!
  • kalforan
    11 years ago
    Hi, I love what you did so far but it is like dressing up you have the clothes on but now you ned the jewelry, nice pics even nature if that is what you like I would change the area rug with some colour in it then pic a colour from that and decorate your walls and table a runner (with colour) and vases a side table under a window etc. I do not mind the light fixture but the drum style would be beautiful. I would add some reds or rusts to the room to pull your wood in.. Great start love your curtains
  • PRO
    Welcome Home designs
    11 years ago
    I agree with the above post. A more interesting area rug will help dress up the room and also give you the inspiration for your art and accessories.
    http://houzz.com/photos/520684
  • PRO
    essentials inside
    11 years ago
    Hi sajl2011 and all!

sajl2011 - sorry I didn't get back here b/f - it has been a busy weekend (celebrated my "21st" ;) birthday). We carry wall art and pendant lights/chandeliers at our store. You can browse around via the link below but I will also search today for some recommendations. Of course, Ballard Designs and World Market are great stores too.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Lyvonne
    www.essentialsinside.com
  • PRO
    Nancy Weezy Forman - Fine Art
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    You need one of my vintage Truck Canvas's!
    Stormy would look terrific!!!
    The name would not be on the finished image!!!
    For more check out www.juniperwinddesigns.com