Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul_mccann50

low cost kitchen makeover

Paul McCann
8 years ago
Just thought I would share our kitchen upgrade. amazing what a few licks of paint can do and the kitchen is a lot brighter now.

Comments (9)

• janegrayshon
    8 years ago
    Looks lovely, you could also change the door knobs to some colourful ceramic ones that would really make it stand out
  • Paul McCann
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I meant to say, we only painted the kitchen cabinets not the whole kitchen.

We changed the nobs from wooden to satin metal.
  • janegrayshon
    8 years ago
    Sorry I see the wooden knobs now it looks really nice I just thought colourful ceramic knobs would give the cupboards a pop of colour but it's all down to personal preference
  • Paul McCann
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    always good to get feedback, that could be the next minor make over :-)
  • Paul McCann
    Original Author
    8 years ago

HI Bagpuss,

Thanks for the feedback, the pots hanging up and magnetic knife rack above the hob are all 'space saving' as its a suprisingly small kitchen, so its trying to find space to put everything, as the cupboards are full.

I like the idea of getting cream drainer etc, do you think cream kettle/toaster would be too much and we should get silver ones to match the door knobs? Possibly also cream pans? I really like the idea of picking a colour from the wall tiles too.

Currently the kitchen has been completely emptied as ive decided to move in with my GF, im going to hopefully rent this out and hang on to it (just in case ;-)) but will provide it furnished.

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

Hi Paul, we rent out four properties currently. I wouldn't worry at all about furnishing with small appliances. If you provide them, then you have to keep providing them when they go wrong, not the tenants. However, I would suggest if you are going to leave those items for the tenants then go for something easily replaced like the Morphy Richards Accent range, comes in different colours as i mentioned above. Cream is great as if the tenants want to accessorize they can do that as nothing is going to clash with your cream. Also, by shopping at Argos, you can take advantage of the guaranteeing for 3 years instead of the manufacturers 12 months, so if they break, you can replace them for free. Have a word with the estate agents to see if you're better off with furnished or unfurnished, as depending on areas, unfurnished can often be easier to let as a lot of people already have all their own stuff! Also, as i say, the less you put in there, the less there is to get spoilt!

Paul McCann thanked User
  • Paul McCann
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Great advice, especially on the Argos guarantee, didnt know that. :-)

• PRO
    caoba
    8 years ago

I may have just the knobs for you? . I am new to houzz so have not uploaded any design on here yet, but you can click through to my website if you are interested.