Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kvealg8r

Mixing white and espresso/black-brown furniture

kvealg8r
8 years ago
We are moving into our new home soon. The bonus room above the garage will serve as the kids' play room and a guest room. On the fence about painting the wood trim, but will more than likely paint it white. Everything pictured will be removed (belongs to previous owner). The furniture we plan to use in the space is a mixture of IKEA and Cubical furniture, some white and some black-brown. Specifically, what we have:
- IKEA hemnes 4x2 cube shelf black-brown
- IKEA hemnes dresser white
- Cubical 3x3 white
- Cubical 3x2 white
- Kidkraft espresso kitchen
- Kidkraft grey and white chevron teepee
- IKEA lack coffee table hacked into a train table
- IKEA lack side table hacked into a Lego table

I want to get an IKEA sofa bed with chaise (probably beige) and a poang chair with black-brown finish (also probably beige). May also get some IKEA white trofast bins to keep the toys better organized. I will either mount a tv to the wall or sit it on the dresser. Was thinking the black-brown hemnes could be under the mounted tv or serve as a sofa table behind the sofa bed if we don't put it against a wall.

I'm primarily looking for opinions about mixing the dark and white furniture, but also open to suggestions for layout, paint colors, etc. our budget is limited so built in bed or shelving isn't an option currently but may be down the road.

Thanks!!

Comments (2)