lewisanita53

what else can I do to this patio area

Bling and Things
8 years ago
wanting to add a few more items and lights, change ceiling light etc

Comments (22)

• b651
    8 years ago

Very nice. I would get a bench or an outdoor loveseat to go in front of the window. Probably a side table to go with it. A rug. String lights on the ceiling would be really cool too.

• Marc Smith
    8 years ago

Tiling the floor will look really nice. Some sort of counter or table will add definition to the space. I've seen lovely pieces of furniture made from pallets. It really works well on patios

• PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    That was my thoughts also I didn't think of a rug though. I have to add my cushions and pillows to my chairs. Should I string lights on ceiling area. I was thinking of replacing ceiling light with modern candler. I have more lanterns also. I work at pier1 part time just for fun and to buy and get my discount lol
  • PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Mar what type of tile would you use
  • PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    This is my pallet furniture I made.
  • b651
    8 years ago

I like the ceiling fan or chandelier idea. If it's hot or you have a lot of bugs, then I would get a fan. I would string the lights around the sides, probably just on the open walls. String lights are really nice for a party

• b651
    8 years ago

You have a beautiful space! I love the pallet furniture!

• pitbulls
    8 years ago

I'd get an indoor/outdoor rug to anchor the space

• PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    B651. Thank you! I love my pool area we are still working on it. this was a foreclosure and we have completely had to do entire house including pool
  • PRO
    Defining Design, LLC
    8 years ago
    Tiling the floor would be really nice, but just painting will make a huge difference. I'd take down those curtain. panels, as they enclose the space, and I'd like the eye to have movement outward. If you like the panels for privacy, add planting at the property line to achieve your needed privacy. Also, you have too many small things. Consider the true use of this space and plan seating accordingly. Yes to a ceiling fan.

Good luck!
  • PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Defining Design LC

At the moment I jut put lanterns out there and other thing tying to get idea of what might look good.
  • shiningautumn8
    8 years ago
    I agree with removing the drapes, doing something with the floor (rug would be easiest or painting it or both) and adding some larger pieces ie a table or bench, string lighting and overhead fan. Add a few larger plants/trees. Try looking up budget porch makeovers on google or pinterest for ideas
  • PRO
    Defining Design, LLC
    8 years ago
    The lanterns look nice grouped liked you have the white ones, but you still need a variety of scales for real interest.
  • PRO
    Todd Haiman Landscape Design
    8 years ago

Add some colorful planters, narrow and tall. Use shade tolerant plant material. under the overhang. Try using reds and browns for planter colors to compliment the existing brick wall.

• six2zero
    7 years ago

A rug would be nice and so much more comfy for bare feet out by the swings!

• grapefruit1_ar
    7 years ago

You have a wonderful space!!! I, too, would prefer it without the curtains. I love all of your lanterns. I would remove the two matching white cylinders. They seem out of sync in your space.

i would start with a great indoor/outdoor carpet before going any further.

• grapefruit1_ar
    7 years ago

• grapefruit1_ar
    7 years ago

• Walt Steele
    7 years ago

You could overlay a brick patio under the entryway using an 1-3/8" thick clay paver that matches your brick walls. Cheap and simple DIY project over concrete. All you need is roofing felt, masonry adhesive, pavers and a little sand.

http://www.pinehallbrick.com/page/Paving_a_Concrete_Slab

• PRO
    Digital Innovations
    7 years ago

Have you thought about the technology considerations? When you're creating, you could include outdoor lighting and speakers.

• PRO
    Bling and Things
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    We do have a outdoor speaker system out there.