Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rhedlund27

Walls

rhedlund27
11 years ago
I appreciated your comments on how color can appear different via various mediums and during different times of day. However, many of us who do our own design (usually due to budget), need help with a jumping off point. I would like to know the name of the color so that I could check it out in my own dining room. I definitely wouldn't just buy five gallons and then start painting. Thanks!
Contemporary Dining Room · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Specht Novak Architects
    11 years ago
    The names of the colors are arbitrary, (I would have offered up the name if we had ever paid attention to it). This was one of at least three colors we suggested, and I'm not sure which one we went with. It's best to start with a set of paper samples. Your local Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams will usually give you the entire kit for free. Using the paper samples find about 3-5 colors you think are close (you can hold the paper samples close to the monitor until you find a few that seem to work), then ask the store for their 2-4 ounce test samples in those colors, and use those to test the color on your wall. Sorry, if I sound imprecise, but that's as precise as it gets with color.
Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH