Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniebethere

12 year-olds boys room make over, need ideas

Current room is Pottery Barnes baseball theme, duvet just ripped after 8 years of use. My son still likes baseball but he's almost a teen and very artsy book smart kid. Likes motivational quotes. He's a think outside the box kid who likes interesting eclectic stuff. Need some cool different ideas, keep in mind dad can build anything! Small bedroom.

Comments (8)

• Jill McK
    8 years ago

I saw this bedroom makeover a little while ago, lots of cute ideas!

http://www.iheartorganizing.com/2016/03/our-teen-boys-bedroom-is-finished.html

Ann Blanco, Realtor®️ thanked Jill McK
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    8 years ago

Sorry i had 3 boys and I can tell you the above bedroom would have sent any of them running this is an adults idea of a teen boys bedroom.

Ann Blanco, Realtor®️ thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    Ann Blanco, Realtor®️
    Original Author
    8 years ago

It would of never occurred to me to mix teal with navy blue so it's clear I need to have my 12 year look at my boards. He is not a decorator type of kid but he is opinionated so I'll consult him and have him write his top 5 must haves.

• Jill McK
    8 years ago

Why don't you search boy's bedrooms in Houzz and go through it with him to get a better idea?

• Judy Mishkin
    8 years ago

and i admit when my son was in college i re-did his bedroom in a very 'adult view of young adult boys bedroom' and it worked a charm, he never moved back home after college. i swear if it was all his comfortable old stuff he might have come home and never budged. ; )

• acm
    8 years ago

"artsy and smart" might fit well with a bit of an industrial or shabby chic twist, rather than the stereotypical sportsy example linked above. some abstract art, some reclaimed wood, maybe graffitti etc. hard to tell because 12 is still on the tipping point of defitions of cool, so it might still be woods and wizards, which is also fun to work with.

I like the idea of looking at inspiration photos with him because you may get a sense of his aspirational self-identification that is different from your parental view.

South Philly Row House · More Info

Eclectic Bedroom · More Info

Industrial Teenage Bedroom · More Info

Industrial Teenage Bedroom · More Info

Industrial Bedroom · More Info

Teen Boy's Bedroom and Study · More Info

Family Home on a Drive to the Heath · More Info

Kennington Water Tower · More Info

Bole · More Info

Armstrong Farm · More Info

• acm
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I love brainstorming these! Hope this is helpful in getting a couple of ideas to build from, anyway -- I know you're not looking to end up in a style mag. :)

Sail · More Info

Street of Dreams 2013: TTM Custom Home · More Info

Piso Turó Parc · More Info

Vail Ski Haus · More Info

Attadale loft conversion · More Info

Contemporary Kids · More Info
    Musicians Bedroom · More Info