Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jill_mckennon

Which chairs should I get for dining room?

Jill McK
8 years ago

We bought this table for the room but haven't bought anything else. I definitely like rich and dramatic for the dining room. Definitely both like a fixture similar to what is in all my design boards. Also love the mix of the rug and curtains but not 100% invested in getting both (dining room on luvbec.com I found the rug and curtains and really liked together). I really love upholstered chairs and farmhouse/glam/modern but my husband likes more basic. I am posting 4 options of chairs that my husband likes. Any other suggestions are welcome. Our whole house palette is neutral with pops of blue. My dining room design board shows what I'm drawn to... husband doesn't always agree lol. Thanks! :)

Comments (11)

• Trem Wills
    8 years ago
    First and third are nice.
  • ssuziebrit
    8 years ago
    1st one and add upholstered end chairs
  • PRO
    Oliveto Hayes Design
    8 years ago

I would like the first option (the x back) if it had an upholstered seat. It goes well with the shelving unit but seems a bit insubstantial beside the table which is pretty weighty. If an upholstered seat is not an option on that one, the scale of the upholstered chair without the cutout would make it a good choice.

• Jill McK
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I messed up and my husband doesn't like the upholstered chair lol (option 3) not sold on shelving unit. . either do that or a sideboard. He loves the x chairs. No upholstered bottom but I could do cushions? or is that too old?

I would love to do nice end chairs, maybe if I give him his x chairs I can convince him to do upholstered end chairs. That being said... thinking I want to let the rug and curtains be the stars in this room righy? Any suggestions?
  • Susan Davis
    8 years ago

Third all the way around and pair of accent chairs different and on either side of shelving.

• User
    8 years ago
    Photos of your room and dimensions would be helpful. Would be nice to see your walls, Windows, amount of natural light, color of floors etc.
  • Jill McK
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here is a photo from the listing. I will post a better picture when I get home. It's a great size room. Open entryway from dining room and then another door leading to kitchen. Sorry world's smallest picture

• Jill McK
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here's photos of it now. I just got a new camera and am learning how to use so sorry I am not using a wide angle lens. The couch and desk are in there temporarily.

• sandradclark
    8 years ago

Ideas:

Adeco Elm Wood Dining Chairs, Set of 2 · More Info

Daphne Fabric Dining Chairs, Set of 2, Neutral Linen · More Info

Upsholtered on head of table

• sandradclark
    8 years ago

With:

Legacy Classic Haven Buffet, Buttercream White · More Info