0
Find the right pro for your project

Blah exterior

Amanda Ingvalson
Looking for affordable ideas on updating the exterior of our 1970s home. Thank you for your help!
    Amanda Ingvalson thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • sandradclark

The two upper windows could have shutters added, however only have shutters if the size is appropriate to the window size. A different style of siding could be added to the areas of your home where the brick is not present.

• Amanda Ingvalson

Love that color! What is it?

BeverlyFLADeziner

No specific color just a dark grey because I thought it would really update the appearance of your home. Here's what SW thinks the color might be

• ycity
    Change your front door to an updated one, get some bright colored chairs, freshen up your landscaping. I love your house! People are spending millions in my neighborhood to build new homes using board and baton and brick for the exterior!
    Noble Home, LLC

If you want to go more mid-century modern, you could put some glass panes in the gable if there is a cathedral ceiling upstairs.

• Diane R
    New front door; perhaps in a nice wood clean lines. Then put your money in the landscaping, the gravel near the house looks dated.

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us at 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun)