Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonrob83

Not colorblind but blind to color!

bonrob83
8 years ago

I am one of those people who is unduly influenced by the catchy names that are assigned to colors especially paint chips. I am currently looking to rid my foyer of its floral wallpaper in order to paint to coordinate with the redecorating of my surrounding rooms that are all off the foyer. My kitchen is SH Quietude, DR is SW Rainwashed and LR is SW Sea Salt and all woodwork is white. My family room departs from the monochromatic color scheme in that the walls above the paneling and woodwork are painted Behr's Clamshell (except for oak French doors leading to a sunroom painted in Valspar's Lunar Tide) with paneling painted in Valspar's Desert Travels. The family room colors coordinate well in my opinion with the fieldstone fireplace. Question: What color should I paint the foyer... Desert Travels, Clamshell or continue with one of the SW green/blue colors? Or ?????

From the foyer, you can see the family room paneling and walls plus a glimpse of the kitchen wall. (Quietude).

Family room (Clamshell & Desert Travels) with a glimpse of fireplace and curtained French door leading to sunroom.

Sunroom (Lunar Tide) with very little wall space due to 9 windows overlooking the yard and a door leading to a deck. I am also looking to replace this white/grayish shiny linoleum and would love to be "floored" with advice on color and flooring suggestions. Remainder of the downstairs is hardwood flooring. (The large plant is waiting to get a chance to go back outside to see if spring has sprung and a round sisal rug with a green border is temporarily absent.)

Comments (4)