0
vparsons01

Need help matching Curtains to an area rug

vparsons01
April 21, 2016

I didn't want plain curtains however I am on curtain set #3 and still haven't found the right one. What 'pattern,' if any, can I use with this rug without the room looking too busy? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

• ninigret

stripes would be fine.

vparsons01 thanked ninigret
    LakeCrest Builders

I would not recommend a pattern it would take away from the beautiful pattern in the rug. I would do a blue sheer with a linen over the top. The two fabrics will add dimension and be the design element not the pattern.

vparsons01 thanked LakeCrest Builders
  • karielen

You might consider a textured fabric or an overdyed treatment which is subtle. It might be easier to find a fabric you like and have drapes made.

vparsons01 thanked karielen
  • DiggingInTheDirt

I mix patterns all the time. The key is to have the same colors in both patterns. Ideally you'd use a fabric with different lines like stripes or plaid, but I've even paired two floral prints that worked.

BeverlyFLADeziner

Larger pictures to start with would have been a huge help to those of us attempting to help you.

• lefty47

HI -- Any curtains that have the same color background with a same color pattern of the rug pattern . Or a tone on tone texture or plain with a color border . Some wood blinds would look nice too with the drape panels .

Cruz Interiors Inc.

Try a solid. Looks like a linen color or a very soft blue/aqua may work here. Also a tone on tone stripe might play well. I think the issue that this room is giving you is that you have pattern on your ceiling ( wood grain and strips) and pattern on your floor. This makes a tricky transition for the eye, so you need to calm it down in the middle. A solid window treatment may be the best route! Happy decorating!

vparsons01 thanked Cruz Interiors Inc.
  • rollinggirl

Pick a color from the rug look for curtains in that color. Or go with the background color. Beverly had some great examples.

vparsons01 thanked rollinggirl