Your shopping cart is empty.
vparsons01

Need help matching Curtains to an area rug

vparsons01
April 21, 2016

I didn't want plain curtains however I am on curtain set #3 and still haven't found the right one. What 'pattern,' if any, can I use with this rug without the room looking too busy? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (9)

• ninigret

stripes would be fine.

vparsons01 thanked ninigret
  • PRO
    LakeCrest Builders

I would not recommend a pattern it would take away from the beautiful pattern in the rug. I would do a blue sheer with a linen over the top. The two fabrics will add dimension and be the design element not the pattern.

vparsons01 thanked LakeCrest Builders
  • karielen

You might consider a textured fabric or an overdyed treatment which is subtle. It might be easier to find a fabric you like and have drapes made.

vparsons01 thanked karielen
  • DiggingInTheDirt

I mix patterns all the time. The key is to have the same colors in both patterns. Ideally you'd use a fabric with different lines like stripes or plaid, but I've even paired two floral prints that worked.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

Larger pictures to start with would have been a huge help to those of us attempting to help you.

• lefty47

HI -- Any curtains that have the same color background with a same color pattern of the rug pattern . Or a tone on tone texture or plain with a color border . Some wood blinds would look nice too with the drape panels .

• PRO
    Cruz Interiors Inc.

Try a solid. Looks like a linen color or a very soft blue/aqua may work here. Also a tone on tone stripe might play well. I think the issue that this room is giving you is that you have pattern on your ceiling ( wood grain and strips) and pattern on your floor. This makes a tricky transition for the eye, so you need to calm it down in the middle. A solid window treatment may be the best route! Happy decorating!

vparsons01 thanked Cruz Interiors Inc.
  • rollinggirl

Pick a color from the rug look for curtains in that color. Or go with the background color. Beverly had some great examples.

vparsons01 thanked rollinggirl

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).