Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandydij

Stone sink in powder room needs backsplash

sandydij
8 years ago
We have recently updated our tiny 6'x5' powder room. I love the black walnut counter we built for our stone vessel sink. We put marble tiles on the floor.
I need some help with the backsplash and the walls. Covering the wall with mirror was our initial thought but seems overwhelming with the small room. I don't want to take away from the dazzle of the sink but it still needs something. Can you help?

Comments (11)

• Gail Diane
    8 years ago
    Maybe an irregular shaped stone, possibly an onyx, rather than something clean cut. It can pick up the natural look of the sink.
    sandydij thanked Gail Diane
  • leelee
    8 years ago

Cover the whole back wall (not the sides) with tile and place a mirror above the sink.

• shaunaanderson
    8 years ago

What a gorgeous sink!

A tall mirror that goes all the way down to the counter would both show off your beautiful sink from all angles, and visually enlarge the room at the same time. I would stay narrow with the mirror, and then add some lights to each side of the mirror, in a material that would complement your sink - maybe in a metal finish? Then you could, optionally, add a backsplash in that same complementary material.

Wow, the more I look at this, the more exciting: wood, stone, metal and glass could all play nicely together in this space. Have fun and good luck! Post some pictures when you are done!

sandydij thanked shaunaanderson
  • leelee
    8 years ago

Nothing will take away from the sink. You do need a mirror. Guests want to check for spinach in their teeth?

sandydij thanked leelee
  • PRO
    PPF.
    8 years ago

Have you considered walnut? Either a live edge or square piece.

sandydij thanked PPF.
  • sandydij
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I think I found the tile. It is stone- perfect shade of honey that is in the sink and floor. I will do the whole wall up to ceiling and down to the floor. Then place a tall skinny mirror over the sink. We have ceiling pot lights so do no need wall lighting. I really appreciated your comments last time. What do you think of this.
  • Gail Diane
    7 years ago
    I really like the tile. I tend to love earthy things. Think it will look great.
  • sandydij
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks for all your ideas. I am so happy the way it turned out - I had to post before the mirror was hung or the caulking done!
    I hung the stone vertically to accentuate the height of the room and make it appear roomier. Will share some before and after once it is fully complete.
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 years ago

Love the stone wall, Not so crazy about the grey frame on the mirror. It distracts from all your creative features.

• leelee
    7 years ago

Even though your faucet is nickel the mirror doesn't have to be. It's cold. How about a wood or bronze frame to give it some warmth.

Your wall looks great.