klnco444

WANTED: Hoya Chimera/Hoya Pubicalyx RHP

Klnco

Chimera Hoya Pubicalyx Royal Hawaiian Purple cuttings or rooted plants wanted! Please email me or comment below if you

have any.

Klnco4@aol.com

• laura1

do you have anything to trade?

• Klnco

I can trade a Pubicalyx Black Dragon cutting, a Bright one cutting, Red Buttons, also have a 3 year old mature carnosa I'd be willing to trade. Not opposed to purchasing either. Thank you for replying :)

• PoohBearLvr
    last year

Are you still looking for this Hoya? I just found this post. I have a lot of this Hoya:), it is in full bloom now to. I thought it was a 'fad' Hoya when I bought it a few years ago. I never see it for sale now. I thought i was taken for a ride for buying it. I saw no difference between it and the regular 'Pubicalyx 'Silver Splash''? With the silver streaks/splashes on the leaves and the same flowers as you have posted, but all deep pink and no mixed colors like in your picture.

I now have it blooming with those blooms, and the new growths on it are all deep red/purple, then turn green later. They have splashes on the leaves, so it really is a different plant.

I really thought I was cheated when I bought it, like 3 years ago. It is now growing and blooming like nuts! It was mixed in with my plain one, and I never saw this mixed colored blooms, till I separated it, and well, now it is growing terrific! So...let me know if you need or want it. And ...what is this 'Black Dragon' you have like?? Bloom-wise and plant/leaf wise.

• PoohBearLvr
    last year

Some one 'liked' my post...but I dont know if that is someone that wants cuttings of it, or it is you, Kinco? Sorry. So...is it anyone or you??

• PoohBearLvr
    last year

Glad to hear you got the one you wanted. Did you get it from someone in here??

Well I THINK I have the 'Hawaiian Purple', it's growth and blooms look like those top pics. BUT its NEW growth is VERY dark, including the stems. And has no twisting,or that rosey blush on it. The leaves are very thick and have the silver splashes on it, no thinness to it and it doesn't twist either. That name 'Philipine Black' is a name I have heard of. I either had it, or got it with my Hawaiian, and it didn't live. I dont have a tag on my 'Hawaiian Purple'. It never bloomed till this past winter, finally, after 5-7 years of waiting, so it got lost over time.

Now it has like 10 spurs, and 8 are putting out new buds now.know now. It is SO big, lots of long vines, I guess it is happy now, thus the spurs, finally!

The bloom pic. at the top IS what I have. I can take pictures of the blooms when they open in 2 weeks or so. That 'Super Splash' one is amazing! Your own cross???

Do you have a lot it...for trade or sale?? Or is it just that 1 vine? It ever bloom? Has that 'Philipine Black' you have bloomed for you yet?

This is a picture of a cutting I got on here like 3 yrs ago, the tag on it faded fast in the sun. so no name. I posted these pics. on here, but no one knows the name of it. This top pic. is one of my oldest hoyas a 'Macgillvrayii' that I adore.

As you see, the leaves are a plain light green. nothing special, but this is its first bloom ever. And it has the regular 'Pubicalyx fragrance to it. So,it is un-named. I grow several of the 'Macs' and several colors of the 'Archboldandias', the BIG bloomers. I am still waiting for blooms to happen on most.

This is the one that blooms for me all year. Almost non stop.

• Klnco
    last year

Wow, truly beautiful flowers you have there. I am really impressed by those! The plain green leaved Hoya that blooms pink is Pubicalyx 'Pink Dragon', not rare but not readily available either at least from what I've seen.

The Pubicalyx hybrid was sold to me by someone on here by the name of 'aurorawa'. She is an incredible grower! I'm sure if I did a little digging on here I could find the original thread where we discuss this plant! She has never bloomed, and I would love to share some but yes, it is only that one vine at this time. 'Phillipine black' has never bloomed either, I'm hoping for this year, but I'll certainly come back to this thread if that happens! Happy growing<3

• PoohBearLvr
    last year

Someone else on here told me the name of that one was 'Pink Dragon' as well.

I put up pictures of 3 hoyas that I had no names of, from wonderful cuttings I got 3 years ago, after a hurricane wiped out my entire hoya collection. I got like 40 cuttings all named, but the tags wore off in weeks. This one finally bloomed. Non others ever have. Then this one put out a 5 foot vine and it bloomed! So,I guess it is Pink Dragon! I'll have to pot it up and save it, maybe it will grow into a better plant.

I have THIS other hoya that is a big plant, that is blooming NOW, 5 big umbels of blooms. Do you know what this one might be??? Its tag says 'RHM Peters-V'...pretty sure it says that, it is faded out. Any idea what it means? They are fragrant and on long seems with no leaves, if that means anything. Odd to bloom on bare old stems. is it a private cross maybe??? If you have thoughts, it would be great. Thanks.

Reputable General Contractor in Fairfax