Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mercime

Awesome Pergola Design

E. A. M.
7 years ago
I love the texture of your top rafters. Our pergola was damaged from hail and we have to replace our top rafters. I have been looking for something more interesting than 2 x 2's and when I saw this, I knew this is exactly what I want. I wish our pergola's top was arched, love it, but it is the typical flat design. Could you tell me how far apart you spaced the large boards, what size board they are and how deep they are notched. Also the boards in between, what size are they and how far are they spaced. Hopefully, it will be within our budget.
Custom Arched Pergola · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Forever Redwood
    7 years ago

Thank you for your comment. The pergola photographed has a 28' wide set of arches. The arches are 3x12's spaced every 24 inches on center. The notches vary in depth due to the angles. These huge arches weigh in excess of 250 lbs each and are made with all heartwood Redwood. Cost for each arch is going to be about $1,400 a piece finished plus shipping. They are made from several pieces of wood and it is time consuming to do. The angle of the arch can vary some as needed. Please let us know if we can answer any other question. My email address is raul@foreverredwood.com. Thank you. Raul Hernandez for Forever Redwood

E. A. M. thanked Forever Redwood
  • E. A. M.
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

What size and spacing are the smaller boards?