octoberdana

Help me choose Sherwin Williams exterior paint to match this stone

octoberdana

Hello all:

I'm building a new house and the exterior is a combination of brick, stone, and shaker siding. It's in a style called French Country. I'm posting a pic of the only other house in the neighborhood in the elevation we've chosen. I have the difficult task of choosing a stone, a brick, and a hardiplank siding, door color, etc. We have Sherwin Williams paint colors to choose from. I can't use any gray brick as my neighbors to the right and left have selected gray so I'm forced to use either dark red or light colored bricks. I'm posting a picture of the stone that I really love. Can you please make suggestions on good paint colors that would match the stone? I'm pretty much open to anything but gray, every house is gray out there and I would like to be different! One color I like so far is SW Dard Hunter Green- but not sure how would it look with this stone.

Love this stone because I'm a color person and I love that there are pinks, browns, grays, and golds in this!

This is what our house will look like. Stone on the garage and the posts, and the left wall. Brick wall by the porch and on all three sides.

Suggestions for Sherwin Wiliams (it must be SW) paint that would look nice with this stone and add some personality to this elevation? I chose it because it was so different and has lots of different elements.

• beseaside

Are you looking for greige, grey or beige selections or are you asking about a color - like blue? What are your preferences? Have you taken a sample board to SW to look through the various color options that you like to help us narrow it down for you?

• octoberdana

We can't take sample of the stones out of the Design Studio. I like blues, greens, reds, purples, grays, and golds. I am hesitant to use blue because the others in our neighborhood used blue. I did find one color that I liked called Chinchilla but I was worried that it would be too pale for the hardiplank siding and would look too purple...

The door with this choice would be a color called Peppercorn.

• MarleneM
    This is a quick rendering of how house would look with SW Dard Hunter Green and I photoshopped a bit of your stone in front to help give you a visual.
    I love that you're embracing colour and not going the grey route!
    A Good Eye Curated Decor

I'm not a green person yet I've seen a beautiful mid toned olive with stone like yours- however the winning component would be a brown trim instead of white - are you allowed a dark trim?

• octoberdana

Yes we are allowed dark trim. I am also in love with a color called Meadowlark.

• decoenthusiaste

SW main colors as seen via my CRT on left, undertones on right.

• MarleneM
    Is it the cypress ledge stone you are going with? The reason I'm asking is the second stone sample pic looked darker, so I went to there sight and this is the cypress ledge stone on a building.
  • octoberdana

How would a crabby apple door look with this stone?

Dana Pope Designs

I would definitely take into consideration the colors of your neighbors homes. Not knowing the surrounding homes, I like Artichoke SW6179, it's green with a lot of gray. You can use the color visualizer on the Sherwin Williams website, it's very helpful.

• octoberdana

Neighbors have fawn brindle and porpoise. The other ones have Manor house siding with black door. Gray bricks and stone on both. We are building a ranch and they have two stories.

A Good Eye Curated Decor

SW color Meadowlark u mentioned would go well with that stone and white or try a cream trim- it would be beautiful.

• octoberdana

Went and looked at paint color last night. Love foggy day with crabby apple door or March wind with crabby apple. Meadowlark with pewter green door. Also still like chinchilla with peppercorn door. Leaning light because I've had dark gray the last 10 years.

• octoberdana

I just found out that we have a whopping two color choices for trim: Sherwin Williams Extra White, or Sherwin Williams Panda White. All garage doors are the same color as the trim. How boring in a neighborhood of over 500 houses for everyone to have white or beige doors. EWW... This will greatly limit some of my options.