Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
octoberdana

Help me choose Sherwin Williams exterior paint to match this stone

octoberdana
7 years ago

Hello all:

I'm building a new house and the exterior is a combination of brick, stone, and shaker siding. It's in a style called French Country. I'm posting a pic of the only other house in the neighborhood in the elevation we've chosen. I have the difficult task of choosing a stone, a brick, and a hardiplank siding, door color, etc. We have Sherwin Williams paint colors to choose from. I can't use any gray brick as my neighbors to the right and left have selected gray so I'm forced to use either dark red or light colored bricks. I'm posting a picture of the stone that I really love. Can you please make suggestions on good paint colors that would match the stone? I'm pretty much open to anything but gray, every house is gray out there and I would like to be different! One color I like so far is SW Dard Hunter Green- but not sure how would it look with this stone.

Love this stone because I'm a color person and I love that there are pinks, browns, grays, and golds in this!

This is what our house will look like. Stone on the garage and the posts, and the left wall. Brick wall by the porch and on all three sides.

Suggestions for Sherwin Wiliams (it must be SW) paint that would look nice with this stone and add some personality to this elevation? I chose it because it was so different and has lots of different elements.

Comments (13)