0
aburnsthomas

Help with bedroom lamps and pillows

Anne Thomas

Recently we've purchased duvet cover and shams for our European size pillows. We are planning to paint the walls a shade of white. We need new pillows in front and lamps to bring design together. Leaning toward blue as accent color. Any suggestions?

• Dee Baker
    To make the bed area more spacious you could use smaller wall mounted lamps
    Anne Thomas thanked Dee Baker
  • sandradclark

Ideas:

Gale Coral Pillow · More Info

Gale Coral Pillow · More Info

Viridian Velvet Lumbar with Amalfi Glass Tape · More Info

22" Blue and White Porcelain Tea Jar Table Lamp · More Info

LED Bronze Gooseneck Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Lamp by Universal Lighting and Decor · More Info

Anne Thomas thanked sandradclark
  • sandradclark

Choose two small faux sheepskin rugs to place at each side of the bed to step onto in the morning.

• Irene Morresey
    Some ideas, nice throws and perhaps an area rug, use different textures
    Anne Thomas thanked Irene Morresey
  • Anne Thomas

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking about a darker navy...

Dee - I love the idea of wall mounted lamps, but my husband is leery of the additional expense.

Sandra, I like the coral pillow idea. I imagine you can see by the rest of the picture that I go kicking and screaming to any kind of pattern (but I am trying).

Blenheim, those pictures are really helpful. It seems like I need 3 square solid color pillows in front of our shams and then a small one in front of that.

• decoenthusiaste

Pin-up wall lamps don't have to be wired in. Corded ones with a cord cover can be plugged in.

Master Bedroom · More Info

Anne Thomas thanked decoenthusiaste
    Amethyst Interiors LLC
    Use some navy and white striped pillows and paint the wall in eggshell blue black navy.
    Anne Thomas thanked Amethyst Interiors LLC
  • Anne Thomas

Drapes are staying and they are grey and white.

These are the drapes:

http://www.westelm.com/products/cotton-canvas-graffiti-print-curtain-platinum-t2659/?pkey=e%7Cgraffiti%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH - trying to see if that makes the color more clear

• Anne Thomas

I have a few black and white photos and a sketch of our old house. I have looked at some art that had dark blue or the color above, like light teal.

• Anne Thomas

Those are all great ideas, tedbixby, thanks. I don't know much about how to add color to the bedding, so that and the lamps were my main questions. I am open to adding another color, but want to stay away from orange as many of the ideas show (changed my mind about that one).

• Anne Thomas

We are open to an abstract painting above the bed, but don't feel like that is critical right now.

Beverly Anderson Interior Design

great ideas and photos from these designers. I like the wall lamp idea.