nancy_fisher

Floors

Nancy Fisher
Hi, I want my hardwood floors to turn out a similar color to these. We are laying red oak floors, what stain would you suggest we use? Thank you
The Warwickshire Barn Shaker Kitchen by deVOL · More Info

Comment (1)

deVOL Kitchens

Hello Nancy, the floor in this kitchen was sourced by the customer, so we're not sure how they got this effect. I'm also not sure how easy it would be to get a red oak wood floor to look the same as this as this floor has more gold/yellow tones. You could try using osmo oil to bring out the colour of the wood, it doesn't change the colour too much but just brings out the warmer tones. You can also use (diluted) Van Dyke crystals to make the wood a darker brown, although we usually do this with unfinished wood. Maybe it would be best to try a little of the osmo oil on an obscure section to see if you like the effect before using it on the whole floor? Hope this helps!