Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ckat0076

Can you recommend a kitchen cabinet maker in Melbourne?

ckat0076
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We had someone. He provided the worst plans of man kind. It didn't even reflect my appliance dimensions.
Aren't they supposed to provide elevation plans?
Please help recommend a cabinet maker in Melb.

Comments (15)

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thankyou
  • lisawish
    7 years ago
    Try MORCRAFT KITCHENS
    www.morcraftkitchens.com.au. They have done 2 kitchens, 2 laundries and 3 bathrooms for us as we've built and renovated over the last 10 years. Highly recommended. They are in Bayswater.
  • PRO
    Kitchens by Matric
    7 years ago

Hi ckat0076,

Thanks for reaching out! It's unfortunate to hear you had that experience, Cabinet Makers should most definitely provide elevation plans for you to approve before they commence your project. It's very reasonable to want to know what you're getting.

At Kitchens by Matric, we meet with you for an in-home consultation to share and discuss ideas and to get a feel for your space. We then take measurements (including your appliances) and process these into our 3D Viewing Software that provides a real life visual of your project.

We've been in the trade for over 30 years, service homes right across Melbourne and would love to make your next experience with a Cabinet Maker a positive one.

Kind regards,
    Kitchens by Matric

(03) 9464 2044 | info@kitchensbymatric.com.au

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Bump
  • ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi Kitchens by Matric, I did actually contact you. You came out to measure etc. However, after that it was very difficult to get a hold of you to actually get my quote. You rang once or twice and I tried several times after that. So I never actually received my quote.

The frustrations!
  • PRO
    Kitchens by Matric
    7 years ago

Hi ckat0076, that sounds very unusual! If you'd like, I can have one of the owners contact you directly today, just send me a private message with your details or email info@kitchensbymatric.com.au. I'd love to get this cleared up for you!

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    It was actually one of the owners that came out. Kathryn.

I'm sorry too hard. Couldn't get a hold of her. It's a real shame because I've seen your work. But if it's like that to begin with it will only get worse.
  • PRO
    Kitchens by Matric
    7 years ago

Thank you for your feedback ckat0076, we'll most definitely take this on board. Best of luck with your project, I hope it all goes well for you.

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    No worries. Even my husband tried to contact her and still couldn't get through.
  • barb001967
    7 years ago

Lara Cabinets, located in Lara but work in Melbourne, honest, professional and a pleasure to deal with. Owner Carl just started out on his own after 30 years in the business,www.laracabinets.com.au

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thankyou Barb
  • PRO
    Simple Style Co
    7 years ago

Hi there, I can recommend Vella Cabinets in Tullamarine. Great work and competitive pricing.

• ckat0076
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thankyou simple style. Appreciate that.
  • Venessa Imeson
    7 years ago

Mastercraft Cabinets in Cheltenham. Mid-price range, very thorough, assemble the kitchen and install all the appliances in their workshop and get you to come and approve it all. Couldn't be happier