Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dswarts001

Renovations

David S
7 years ago
Hi everyone! I want to renovate my home, paint, tiles etc. I was thinking of painting the blue wall dark grey and the other walls a much lighter grey. Maybe polished porcelain tiles? I also want to put a mirror on the wall behind the dining room table.. any other ideas? Please help

Comments (11)

• Rina
    7 years ago

My immediate small thought -- get yourself new curtains to hang from ceiling to floor. Another small thought -- move your TV to the right, against the wall. Having light coming in from behind while you watch TV is a bad idea. Another ... move the dining table closer to the wall where you want to hang the mirror. And another (I have a lot of small thoughts) ... make the mirror big and gorgeous, or use multiple smaller mirrors, or don't do the mirror thing.

• Rina
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ted, I see you too have many thoughts. I particularly like the one about turning the dining table around.

• Rina
    7 years ago

Dswarts, where is that blue patch of wall with the art? That's really nice.

• PRO
    The Munro Project
    7 years ago
    Hi! You have a great space! Another thought is adding a nice wallpaper to the white call and painting the rest of the room a nice gray. Just something to give it some more texture. Also adding a chandelier over the dining table is a great idea.
  • hmarney
    7 years ago
    I agree with all the small and big thoughts. We have a large mirror on the wall next to the dining table - above our side table/ buffet it looks great. Just pick the right tone and thickness of frame. We brought home several frames to test and I was glad we did!! We used a beveled mirror as well to make it look more sophisticated. You could also do some tryptichs (art work hung in pairs or threes) A large chandelier or drum light would look great above your dining table which I love btw. Your paint color choices will look great as long as they are he right tone.
    I don't think s carpet is necessary unless you want that look.
  • David S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi there. Thank you for the great comments! I feel like the space is coming together nicely and a lot of the suggestions are spot on with with what I was thinking. The blue wall and art is just around the corner, I have attached a pic.
  • Rina
    7 years ago

Try to keep that little vignette as is, or close to the way it is, when you repaint. If you want to get rid of the blue, then make that a really strong grey (or whatever colour you use). Oh, take the tag off the orchid. Tut tut.

• Irene Morresey
    7 years ago
    Love striped rug
  • PRO
    Lumar Interiors
    7 years ago

Here is an image from our design portfolio that might interest you. See the chandelier, the art, and the curtains?

Chaplin Crescent Estates · More Info

• David S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Hi everyone. Would it work if I put a fire place where the blue wall is now with the tv on top of it and shelves on either side (after closing up the window ofcourse)?
Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax