Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
usgbc

What is your Favorite LEED (green) Home of 2015?

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Help us select the LEED for Homes Single Family Project of the Year.

See more images and info about these projects here before you vote.

The Taft School Faculty Residence in Watertown, CT
Right-Sized Passive Home in Oak Park, IL
Cavanaugh Residence in Belleair Beach, FL
Desert Rain in Bend, OR
Alphaville Dom Pedro in Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Grand Teton Eco-Smart Home in Naperville, IL
My Green Kentucky Home in Louisville, KY

Comments (19)

• Emily H
    7 years ago

So many great choices! Hard to pick just one.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Emily H
  • PRO
    Deepa Mungara
    7 years ago

Don't forget to take a look at the full entries here!

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Deepa Mungara
  • PRO
    Eco Achievers Sustainable Consulting
    7 years ago

Eco Achievers is proud to be the third-party LEED and PHIUS Rater, providing testing and verification services on two of the selected projects! Best of luck to all of the entrants.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Eco Achievers Sustainable Consulting
  • PRO
    Everton
    7 years ago

My vote is for the Alphaville Dom Pedro based on the very detailed description of the project, that besides the technical info related to the concept of the project, it has a very strong feeling from the owner to the preservation of our environment.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Everton
  • Elizabeth Young Sings
    7 years ago
    beautiful
    U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Elizabeth Young Sings
  • Amanda Moen
    7 years ago

I voted for "My Green Kentucky Home" because I can see myself living in a home like that, and I love ICF construction. My love of ICF is the reason that my 2nd choice is the home in Brazil.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Amanda Moen
  • PRO
    SIMPLE SQUARE DESIGN
    7 years ago
    Honestly, they are all winners!
    U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked SIMPLE SQUARE DESIGN
  • PRO
    Florida Power Services "The Solar Power Company"
    7 years ago

I designed and installed the PV system on the Cavanaugh house, what an amazing property.

Solar Power Design/Build Florida

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Florida Power Services "The Solar Power Company"
  • PRO
    Cristina Pellizzetti
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I agree, all nominees projects are winners ! I voted for 1st Brazil #LEEDHome ”Residencia Alphaville Dom Pedro” in Campinas city, São Paulo as represents Latin America´s sustainable housing best practices ! As a local Brazilian LFH Green Rater / MaGrann Associates provider US ( little partial to the project :) introducing LEED housing concepts to local LATAM market was a challenge, but due to an integrative approach to design the project was succesfull. Congratulations to all !

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Cristina Pellizzetti
  • Lourdes Printes
    7 years ago

As engineering and builders of Alphaville Dom Pedro, we feel very honored to have the residence chosen as one of the finalists along with wonderful projects of great sustainable impact.
    The dissemination of the projects and the opportunity of voting is also a great idea allowing people to be aware of what is being created around the world, using sustainable principles and practices. The construction of a three floor residence with Ecogrid (SCIP technology) was challenge too, but the results were gratifying and the whole team got proud of being part of this first Silver LEED for Homes in Brazil.

My vote is partial, but I do it in the name of those who worked on this Project and did not have the chance of voting.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Lourdes Printes
  • PRO
    Home Turf Texas Landscape & Design
    7 years ago

Great Survey....Oak Park , IL for the Vote!

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Home Turf Texas Landscape & Design
  • ghtornfeldt
    7 years ago

The Taft School congratulates all of the nominees for this award. They are all winners for their efforts in green design and construction and sustainable principles. The Taft School project serves the school by providing a teaching tool for sustainable practices to the 600 students on campus who represent 47 Countries and 35 States.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked ghtornfeldt
  • PRO
    The Hyland Studio
    7 years ago

They're all winners in our book. Well done!

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked The Hyland Studio
  • PRO
    MaGrann Associates
    7 years ago

I loved the Alphaville Dom Pedro project - a truly innovative approach to building in Brasil, and strong environmental performance in many areas - including many measures that did not garner LEED points, including deep dives into water conservation in an area where water is a critical regional environmental issue.

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked MaGrann Associates
  • TC Hudson
    7 years ago

I love how the "Taft" shows that LEED doesn't have to equal modern! It truly looks like a well-preserved piece of history. Great job!

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked TC Hudson
  • PRO
    carolharlow
    7 years ago
    Definitely the Bend, OR house. I t seems to be simultaneously starkly modern and fitted so well to the land that it already seems to be becoming another organic component of the land it occupies. That it meets LEED standards makes it just that much more marvelous.
    U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked carolharlow
  • PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 years ago

I like windows - the more, the bigger, the merrier

U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) thanked Mega Builders
  • PRO
    U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We Announced all the winners of this years awards. Please see who won here.

http://www.usgbc.org/articles/us-green-building-council-announces-2015-leed-homes-award-winners