Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myongmei

Accessible beige and balanced beige

myongmei
7 years ago
Are these colors from SW has greenish tint? I have them selected for kitchen and living room respectively. I was surprised to see the green. Are these two colors good choice?

Comments (45)

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Color is affected by light. The light could be your lightbulbs, or just the exposures to natural light in your home. Like any color, they are good colors if you like them in your HOME.

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you Jan for comment. I wonder if anyone have experience using these colors
  • User
    7 years ago

If ur seeing green in the chip or even a sample of the paint then it probably has a hint if green in it. So if u don't want green at all then keep looking because if u use it against ur better judgement then believe me u won't like the final results. I know...

lol. :)

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The thing is I haves bought 6 gal. :(
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    6 gal Balanced beige for living room, and 3 gal accessible beige for kitchen
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Looking for opinions from someone with experience of these two colors before having the painter paint the entire rooms.
  • seagirl73
    7 years ago
    I have Accessible Beige from Sherwin Williams in my stairway. It does not have a greenish tint at all. In that particular space it appears as a very nice neutral beige with hints of gray. Keep in mind that your lighting, both natural and artificial, will alter any paint so it is important to test the color in the area you want it. Also note that daytime and evening lighting will affect the paint color differently.
  • leelee
    7 years ago

The time to ask for advice is before you buy 6 gallons + 3 gallons. You must have a large home?

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you seagirl for sharing your experience. Your comment makes me feel little better. :)
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I know Leelee! I should have asked before buying. A big mistake made by a person lack of experience. This person is me. This is my first time painting.
  • avilla98
    7 years ago

Well, in my opinion, the time and money lost with having to re-paint those areas later would be far worse than what's already been spent for 9 gallon of paint.

I'd start over with getting other paint suggestions and/or trying out more samples before anything else.......then chalk the rest of it up to a (not-so-bad) learning experience. :)

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    How about balanced beige? A darker shade of accessible beige.
  • Ruth Ann Widner
    7 years ago
    I used the two colors for my walls and kitchen cabinets ... Definitely not green!
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

She has both IMO neither of these throw green in my experience but as mentioned many things can influence how paint looks in a space . Get LED bulbs in a natural daylight hue and often paint when only one coat on looks different then when 2nd coated and by the timee all the art , furniture and accessories are in it will look a little different again

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    What is IMO?
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    ruthannwidner, thank you for posting your picture. Is the wall color in the kitchen balanced beige? Or cabaret?
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Patricia, I have my living room south facing. I looked the color in natural afternoon light
  • User
    7 years ago

IMO . In my opinion

dont feel bad about ur choice. Even professionals sometimes get it wrong saw Christina on HGTV say her choice on a paint color was not right.

Try it n see what happens. After it's done n all ur stuff is back in place u may even decide u like it. Or at least cAn live with it for a bit. :)

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you pat for the comforting:)
  • Jill McK
    7 years ago

I just spent a lot of time finding a neutral for my living room without any crazy undertones and chose accessible beige. Haven't finished painting yet but love it so far... no green I can see. The trick is to go look at the paint deck it is on and look at the darker colors on the bottom.... you'll see what undertones can be pulled. In accessible beige's case... I chose it because it had a brown undertone and no reds. I think you'll be fine.

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you Jill! My painter will paint the kitchen tomorrow with accessible beige and living room with balanced beige. After reading your comment, I feel relived with my choice for kitchen, and little nervous about the balanced beige. I hope it will turn out to be good. This is how balanced beige looks like on my wall. Looks greenish to me.
  • flopsycat1
    7 years ago

We used Accessible Beige for our living/dining room and have been very pleased with it. It looks a little beige in the morning, a little grey in the evening. Not green at all. Hope you are very happy with your choices.

• Jill McK
    7 years ago
    That is such a small spot that is painted. I really would not worry... the white next to it may be throwing it off. I just looked up the paint chip and balanced beige is the same color just darker. No green. The paint chip to the right of it has green.
  • Ruth Ann Widner
    7 years ago
    Myongmei - I have accessible beige on the walls and balanced beige on the cabinets ... Cabinets were previously a pickled pink so I was trying to make them "disappear" by minimizing the contrast with the walls. I find accessible beige to be a Great Wall color -- it creates a bright space without the starkness of white walls -- it's a softer look.
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you all for your comments! My living room is very open with high ceiling but less natural light comparing to the kitchen. Do you think balanced beige might be too dark for it. I guess you probably can't comment without seeing a picture and also furnitures. I will just go with it. Once it's done, I'll post pictures. Fingers crossed! This is another painted spot.
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Btw, any suggestion for my west-facing and high ceiling master bedroom? What color is warm and natural, also can go with cheery furniture and oak natural hardwood floor?
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    The living room is done. Balanced beige looks muddy. The room looks dark. Hmm, don't know how long I can live with it before repainted it.
  • PRO
    HMH Development Inc
    7 years ago
    Sorry, did not see this earlier. My house base color is Accessible Beige..great color. Painted bonus room Balanced Beige.
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Blue Booby, how does your bonus room look?
  • Jackie S
    7 years ago
    The room probably won't look dark once furniture and lamps and accessories are in. It will look cozy! Add some red accents maybe? For warm oak floors I'd look at colours similar to Farrow and Balls "farrows cream". It's so neutral and warm. And definitely not muddy. If you made a mistake with paint colours you can donate extra cans to a charity like Habitat for Humanity restores. Don't feel bad. I did the same the first time I painted. Bought 6 cans and painted one room and it looked bright pink!! If you don't like it change it right away. It's so hard to change later.
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks Jackie for your suggestion! I will sure consider.
  • seagirl73
    7 years ago
    I think your living room color looks great! I agree, after you get your furniture and accent pieces in place I think you'll be surprised how good it all will come together.
  • emmarene9
    7 years ago

I like it. Sometimes it takes a bit for our minds to adapt to the new color.

• myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you seagirl for coming back to comment!
  • myongmei
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you emmarene for your nice words!
  • karenreinstern
    5 years ago
    Myongmei ~ The color looks pretty to me. Have you thought about painting your ceiling a lighter shade of white? That might brighten the walls up.
    But the color is nice and warm! Karen
  • Nancy Marra
    5 years ago

@Tiffany Maddox - love your space! Do you happen to know what color your kitchen cabinets are? I'm considering Accessible beige for my entire first floor...and I'm looking for the perfect cream to paint our cabinetry! Our granite is similar colors to yours...

• Siv Bennett
    5 years ago

HELP Accessible beige looks white and balanced beige looks to dark in west facing kitchen fam rooms

ive now tried tons seems like im either getting washed out colors or yellow or just to dark can't find anything

revere pewter just looks flat light grey, edge comb white etc

• Betty Andrews
    5 years ago

Siv Bennett, We are having the same problem in our kitchen/living room...what color did you end up going with?

• blondy1
    5 years ago

I ended up going with Balanced beige throughout and have loved it, now I have one wall left, that is behind the stairs and I'm thinking what if I paint that a couple of shades darker for contrast?

• Laura
    5 years ago

@Nancy Marra / @Tiffany Maddox (or anyone else who has used Accessible/Balanced Beige)

Tiffany - if you see this, are your kitchen cupboards cream, warm white or white-white?

Nancy - have you made any choices for your kitchen yet?

Our house came with buttercream cabinets and very warm granite (not my style, unfortunately) and I've been searching for the right colour to make it all look harmonious with the rest of our house. I really like the warmth of accessible or balanced beige but can't find great example pictures of either with cream cabinets. My kitchen started with BM Stonington Grey (blah) and is currently BM Indian White - but I need something better!!

I started my own thread but I'm getting tons of grey/blue/green suggestions and I want neutral! LOL

• 4witsend
    5 years ago

I just finished painting se facing kitchen (soft white cabinets, gold hardware, black granite counters) in acc beige. I adore it. To me, it is the perfect color in these room. Neither too beige nor too grey. Just what i was looking for.

Continued acc beige thru front hall and is quite neutral. This area has low light

Wanted to continue w acc beige in nw facing living room and dining room which has a wall of north and a wall of west windows. So one room bright, the other not so much

I switched to balanced beige in these two rooms. Acc beige sort of washed out in dr, and just seemed drab in nw living room. Balanced beige did the trick: warmed up the living room, and actually reads the in these 2 rooms exactly the same as acc beige in the se kichen and family room

I tried lots and lots of other color samples and took a leap of faith with these two. I love them and, for once, i actually got it right!

Trust your instincts!

• Kate Laura
    3 years ago

We did our entire

interior accessible beige and it turned out way too light and did have a green tint to it. We re-did the painting in balanced beige and are much happier, we do get a lot of natural light. Bottom photo is accessible beige looking ‘not good’, top photo is balanced beige.

• HU-588495056
    3 years ago

Mine looks like a brown olive. Thak God for testing generous patches!