Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avaughn29

How to sell a custom playhouse

avaughn29
7 years ago
After a major miscalculation by the contractor and landscapers, I am stuck with a beautiful custom built playhouse and swing set that does not fit in my yard. The patio was put in 2' wider than it should have been, and now the house doesn't fit into the corner as planned. I have listed it on my local Facebook yard sales but it has only garnered inquiries from people who want to do a payment plan, which I did entertain by coming up with reasonable terms for (signed contract, 4 pymts with zero interest), but all declined because they wanted more payments. I also put it on Craigslist but only a scammer has contacted me saying he is at a military base and would send a mover once a PayPal transaction for the full price was received by me. I'm heartbroken for my little girl, frustrated to have yet another mistake happen on this project, and stressed out trying to figure out what to do because I need it gone. I was considering having it disassembled and put in a storage unit until someone buys it so I can finish my yard, but I feel like I'm going about this all wrong. Please help.

Comments (3)