Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nathan_charlton

Our New Quick Step Reclaime Laminate Flooring (Mocha Oak Planks)

Nathan C
7 years ago

Picking out flooring was easily one of the HARDEST parts of our renovation. So much time spent on that. And finding reviews on flooring? Near impossible.

We have a very big open concept area that we needed flooring for. A kitchen in the middle, dining room, and two living spaces. Originally we thought about tile in the kitchen...but it would have cut the space up and ruined the open concept feel. We looked into hardwood...but it cost a lot more (we needed about 1500 sq feet), and with 3 kids and a dog, the upkeep didn't sound fun.

So finally we decided on laminate, and just tried to find something that didn't look fake, and we thought would hold up well. We settled on Quick Step's Reclaime line, and specifically the Mocha Oak color for our space. We thought it went well with our cabinets. I ordered some samples online, and when I accidentally forgot to order one, I found a local place with samples for checkout. We got it for about $2.69 a sq ft, so it's on the higher end for laminates.

I can't speak to the longevity of the laminate, though samples performed well under my scratch tests and water tests. The installer said it was really good quality. I love the look. I never did find out how often the pattern repeats...it just means the installer needs to pay a little attention on the install. Ours didn't in one spot...and I see the same pattern 4 times really close together...though I'm sure no one else will ever notice.

Check out the pictures below, and I'll be glad to post updates once we actually move in and see how it holds up!

Quick Step Reclaime Mocha Oaks

Comments (19)

• Bev
    7 years ago

Looks great! I hope it holds up well for you!

• Architectural Notice
    7 years ago

It looks really nice.

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    7 years ago

Great job!

• PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    7 years ago

Looks great.

• PRO
    Studio H2O
    7 years ago

Round of applause!

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 years ago

Looks really great!

• Nathan C
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks everyone!

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 years ago

Great work - very nice!

• PRO
    Raegan Ford Interior Design
    7 years ago

Very nice!

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    7 years ago

Beautiful flooring! Looks like real wood!

• ailaz
    7 years ago
    Looks really nice!
  • housebuilding126
    7 years ago

Where did you purchase it from? It looks beautiful!

Nathan C thanked housebuilding126
  • Nathan C
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Dreamhouse26....just a local flooring retailer. On the quickstep website you can look up companies that sell it. Prices do vary though, so call around. One place quoted me $2.99 sq/ft. Place we got it was 2.69 sq/ft, and then we got underlayment from them that was like 40 cents sq/ft. Good luck!

• housebuilding126
    7 years ago

Thank you Nathan C! I love it and was looking around online and it seemed a lot more expensive.

• tooky58
    7 years ago

Love your flooring and kitchen. Enjoy.

• kjhutton1
    7 years ago

Love this floor! How is it holding up in the kitchen?

• cmhall614
    6 years ago
    Beautiful! I am considering the same flooring for my house. My only hesitation is 3 older dogs that have accidents. How is your floor holding up?
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    6 years ago

Nice laminate floor!

J Design Group | Interior Design company in Miami, FL
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com