Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diyher

Daltile Acacia Valley Ark (who has used this tile?)

diyher
7 years ago

Thinking to use this wood look tile in my kitchen.

Has anyone used this yet and do they have photos?

I don't see too many kitchens yet posted online with it.

Daltile Acacia Valley Porcelain Tile · More Info

Below is the close color of my kitchen cabinets where bottom is stained and top is white.

First-Place Winner · More Info

Comments (17)

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 years ago

The acacia valley doesn't have enough red tones in it to work with your proposed cabinet colors.I would lean toward doing the entire kitchen white, as the flooring is very busy and has a lot of colors within it.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

thanks for commenting. Do you mean all the cabinets white?

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

what about a wood look tile that looks like the 2nd photo I linked to?

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 years ago

Yes I would choose one or the other: all white cabinets with the acacia valley. Or contrasting cabinets with a more monotone wood grain tile.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I'm sticking with the cabinets I have. Bought them 2014 (Conestoga Wood Cabinets). The uppers are antique white and the lowers are Cherry that I stained myself in walnut. so have to find a floor that goes with it well

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

what I'm trying to find is a wood look tile that is color body, and can be used with the smallest grout line possible. It also can't have too much of a grain feel, because it seems that would be harder to clean, almost like a bunch of grout lines but without the grout lol. Want it somewhat smooth, but don't mind some sort of texture.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

one of the countertop stores kept trying to get me to go with a greyish floor tile because of the color of my wall is SW Sea Salt . this floor below is the Ash version of the Acacia Valley tile. in this photo, probably because of the grey cabinets, the floor looks too grey for what I have?

Modern Farmhouse · More Info

This is a counter called Sea Pearl. Don't know if I am choosing it or not, but its what the one place was pushing

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 years ago

Assuming that you want to design the space to fit the cabinets then I would choose a more even wood: http://www.marazziusa.com/products/porcelain-stoneware/color-body-porcelain/treverkchic

The counter top looks fine, I don't feel in this case there is any reason to go so stark with your flooring as they have suggested.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

haven't heard of that company yet. let me go check it out :) hmm, wonder if http://www.marazziusa.com/products/porcelain-stoneware/color-body-porcelain/treverkchic  in Francese?

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have a real wood floor in the foyer, dining room and family room. Can't put real wood in the kitchen, for one we have 2 dogs. They are fine in the rest of the house with the wood floor, but if we were to be gone for more than 6 hours, we leave them in the kitchen. They are forever spilling their bowl of water. So wanted porcelain for the strength and beauty but didn't necessarily want tile with lots of design as in colors other than wood would be

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

the counters I was thinking to go with were LG Viatera Minuet like in this photo (not my photo, just one from houzz

Kitchen Backsplashes | Tile, Stone & Glass · More Info

• PRO
    Sativa McGee Designs
    7 years ago

It is an american made tile company-sold most commonly by american olean.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

thanks, appreciate your input :) the cabinets are not installed yet. It's a long 2 year story lol, but they are sitting in our living room, foyer and a couple in a back bedroom until we are ready to rip things out. I posted a story here back in Feb 2015 letting everyone know what happened to me when we made it public, stories everywhere on many websites, magazines etc about what happened to me and how we fought the idiot. But with what is going on now with all this terrorism, just saw what happened in Munich, it seems minuscule in comparison. I have distant relatives in Munich area, waiting for them to reply back to me on Facebook.

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

think I found one :) has a texture like wood and comes in a lighter color and only 36" length. the other comes in 48" length which I'm not sure about for our kitchen. We are also extending it to our small laundry room and maybe even the powder room next to the kitchen. The cabinet is close to the color of our lower kitchen cabinets.

Bathroom Installations · More Info

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

there is a tile store near me that sells that tile. I'll have to check out both styles on Saturday :) thanks sooo much for showing me other options

• diyher
    Original Author
    7 years ago

ok, now I think I finally found a wood look tile that will go and not have lots of variation on color and design to make it a busy floor.

Daltile Forest Park Sugarmaple FP96

Kitchen · More Info