Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardeningglovequilter

What is it in Buffalo Wing sauce that stains?....

MiMi
7 years ago

My husband is famous for getting food on his shirt... I usually tell him no problem! It's job security for me. But twice this week he's gotten dribbles of Buffalo Wing sauce, which is orange, on his shirt. The first stain I did not know was there till the next morning when I got laundry out to do so it was dry and set in. I have treated both shirts the same way and am having a dickens of a time getting it out. Cold water rinse in the kitchen sink, then rubbed in Dawn dishwashing liquid and let them sit for a while. Washed in as hot of water as possible for the shirt, they are Polo brand t's. Soaked all afternoon in a Tide and Tide Oxi clean solution, then ran the washer as usual... and the orange spots are still there. Oh!... I also sprayed a generous amount of my Dawn/Hydrogen Peroxide mixture on the spots before putting in the washer. I looked at other spray or gel stain removers in Walmart yesterday but was afraid to try them because most said not to use on bright colored clothing or Khaki color because they would remove color. What the heck is in that sauce that makes it sooooo hard to get out?.....

Comments (6)