Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nlaaron

What color bathroom floor tile?

Nlaaron
7 years ago
The hexagon tiles are for my shower floor, the mosaic is for the accents, which leaves the large tile for my shower walls. What tile would look good for my bathroom floor? I am contemplating using gray cabinets and painting the walls a Zen blue. Any ideas with pics would be great!!!

Comments (15)

• 5centloosie
    7 years ago

Agreed with Webber Development, 3 different tile selections are perfect adding another will be too much.

• everdebz
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I think even the 3 you have now are too many, especially the mosaic [too many variations will detract from hexagonal]... something simpler like...

nice if you have oil-rubbed bronze ? otherwise these browns are dark.

Blend Cafe Noce Glass/Stone Mixed Tile, Chip Size: 5/8", Sample · More Info

• everdebz
    7 years ago

Why not the hex and other throughout, but with some simple designs:

Marietta Master Math And Closet Renovation · More Info

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    7 years ago

Way too busy already. Skip the tiny mosaic. Please.

• Nlaaron
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    This shower will not have a glass door as it is a walk in so not much will be seen from the bathroom itself. The accent mosaic is only going to be 3-4 inch of detail around the shower wall and in the back of the niche, as to not make it to busy, but agreed, it could come off that way.
    What do you think of the floor tile below to go with hexagon tile? Too much?
  • 5centloosie
    7 years ago

Personally, I do not like the tile. The hexagon tile is modern and the square tile is traditional, they just do not go (in my opinion).

• just_jls
    7 years ago
    I'd use your wall tile on the floor... in fact- we did in our recent bathroom reno!
  • Nlaaron
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you all for the feed back.
  • Nlaaron
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Even though this is a pic of a kitchen, this is too busy for me. I guess its just a matter of taste. I don't have a theme to my house, such as modern, traditional, I am going with what I like.
  • Nlaaron
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Can 12x24 tile be used for a 6x5 shower floor or is it too large?
  • 5centloosie
    7 years ago

The kitchen photo above is busy to me as well, and it's because the countertops and back splash are both bold and up against each other. You should choose what you love, if you love the two tiles together..do it, who cares what I think. I have seen larger tile in a shower, but it needs to have texture to help with traction. Otherwise, smaller is better.

• katinparadise
    7 years ago

You really can't use a 12X24 on a shower floor because of the slant to the center drain. You need some sort of mosaic, usually no bigger than 2"X2" for the flexibility. If you use a linear drain, you can get away with a larger tile.

• everdebz
    7 years ago

I already posted, but I like your 3 just not that the mosaic included was it: 1 or 2 soft neutrals like blue / another might have exact colors as hex.

-- is there a smaller version for shower floor?...

• Nlaaron
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    No,there is not a smaller hexagon. I actually returned the hexagon tile and plan on going with a more neutral shower floor that I can use for the bathroom floor as well, but I am having trouble finding the same tile in 2x2 or 2x3 that matches a larger size...