Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greeley37

Need help with Cambria Bellingham backsplash

P S
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Cambria Bellingham

We are remodeling our kitchen. I have chosen Cambria Bellingham quartz for the perimeter cabinets which will cover only 1 wall. The island will be Absolute Black granite. I've chosen Bellingham as my backsplash on the perimeter walls. However now I'm doubting this choice. Will it look good or be too busy? I have searched the web for a picture of the countertop & backsplash matching but I can't find one. I have an open floor plan with kitchen open to family room. My slide-in gas range will be in the middle of the perimeter cabinets with the fridge at the end. White shaker style cabinets, stainless appliances, chrome faucet, dark engineered handscraped flooring. So what are your thoughts for Bellingham countertop with same for backsplash?

Comments (28)

• P S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Here is our layout. We considered doing a simple white subway tile for backsplash. However I thought it needed something more under the hood but my husband didn't. We couldn't agree so we decided to use the Bellingham as the backsplash & counter top. Do you think the plain subway tile would be on by itself? Thanks for your comment.

• PRO
    ReMax - Lisa
    7 years ago
    I think the Bellingham will go very well with your granite, but I'd stick with white subway tiles for the backsplash. Sometimes, I find when quartz or granite is used for a backsplash it's too much of a good thing. Less is usually more and subway is so classic.
    P S thanked ReMax - Lisa
  • PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

Hi P S, great question! For a backsplash that would brilliantly complement Bellingham, we recommend Templeton, which is available on our design palette here:http://bit.ly/2bskiBi. A great option for subway tile, would be this Bright Tender tile, available here: http://thd.co/2bAnsib. We hope this helps!

P S thanked Cambria
  • Casandra383 Dean
    7 years ago
    Why would you use different surfaces with this layout? My layout is identical to yours and I would think it would look odd with different countertops??
    (I have Bianco Antico granite on all surfaces and am installing a white arabesque backsplash.)
    P S thanked Casandra383 Dean
  • MotherOfGiants
    7 years ago
    Below is a picture I found on Houzz of what you're describing. If you look at the original, you can find a few other pictures of the kitchen: http://houzz.com/sr/m=7/u=L3Bob3Rvcy8xMjEwMzIzNA==
    P S thanked MotherOfGiants
  • PRO
    Alex & Lily Home
    7 years ago

I think that because your backsplash is not too large- The Bellignham counter and backsplash will be a great idea. It sounds like your range will be the focal point naturally on the back wall, and so you don't necessarily need to add a separate focal backsplash.

P S thanked Alex & Lily Home
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago

I would do black large format 3 x 12 matte finish subway tiles with black grout to keep the quartz from being too much and also tying in the granite. I ahppen to love the island to the star so i would have reversed the two but I think it will look good .

P S thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • kjoy1
    7 years ago

Have you seen this picture of Cambria Bellingham...I love the backsplash they used.

Here is the info I found about backsplash...Cabinets which is painted dove white combined Cambria Bellingham quartz. The accent of the backsplash worked perfectly which is Encore 2×6 in Silver -Encore Bravo mini crescendo silver+ freight -Encore Bravo Landen Liner Rail silver lx8 backsplash used.

P S thanked kjoy1
  • kjoy1
    7 years ago

The black knobs and pulls are a nice touch too and would look lovely with your absolute black island:)

P S thanked kjoy1
  • kjoy1
    7 years ago
    There is a picture on this thread of black perimeter and Bellingham island...if you are curious about the reverse.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/cambria-berwyn-or-bellingham-dsvw-vd~4100147
    P S thanked kjoy1
  • Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

I actually have Cambria Bellingham and plain white subway tile!!

kathi_steele's ideas · More Info

I love mine.

P S thanked Kathi Steele
  • Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

I think the Bellingham backsplash will be way too busy.

P S thanked Kathi Steele
  • PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

We love all of the suggestions we're seeing within this thread! We agree with that selecting a neutral subway tile for the backsplash to complement your countertops would look lovely, and if you do decide to go with Bellingham as a backsplash for a bolder look, we anticipate that would look handsome as well. If during your install process you should have any questions, feel free to call the Cambria Customer Care Line at 1-866-CAMBRIA. We'd be happy to offer further assistance. Best of luck with your kitchen update!

P S thanked Cambria
  • PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Great question! To have more of the same is a classic scenario. It looks beautiful and makes a gorgeous statement! While there aren't too many circumstances where subway tile wouldn't look nice, it is very safe. (side note: if you chose subway tile, then you will have granite, quartz, and tile. In some cases that can become busy). Think about what drew you to the Bellingham in the first place. I think having that as your statement wall would be exceptional! Best wishes on your project!

P S thanked User
  • P S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you all for your suggestions and comments. We have decided to continue with the Bellingham as the backsplash. Thank you motherofgiants for finding the Robinson thread for me. Don't know how I missed it in my search. I like it!! Our room is large enough to carry the backsplash since it opens in the family room and the is no other competing movement in the room. Hopefully it will be delivered next week so I'll post pictures. Once again thank you very much!!

• PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

Hello P S,

We're so glad to hear that you decided to go with Bellingham as both backsplash and countertop. Congratulations on your remodel -- how exciting! We wish you the best of luck and thank you again for welcoming Cambria into your home. We wish you many years of enjoyment in your kitchen once all is said and done.

• mjarvis57
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We also chose Bellingham for backsplash and counter, hoping to start reno in Oct. We don't have a lot of backsplash. Can't wait to see your pics P S

• Sandra Long
    7 years ago

We have a double vanity with white cabinets and we are completely redoing bathroom. We are wanting to use the white vanities we have. Want to go with light gray on walls. We have though about Torquay as a countertop but was afraid it would not be good for bathroom..that it would be hard to keep clean. What do you think of Bellingham? Should I use it as a backplash also? Bathroom not real large. Was thinking of a white floor with grey veining. Would like your opinion? Thank you.

• Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

eslong1, go ahead and start a new thread. You will get a much better response.

• PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

Hello eslong1,

Thanks for your interest in Cambria Quartz! We find that Torquay is as equally popular in bathrooms as it is in kitchens. Cambria Quartz is incredibly easy to care and clean for -- a simple wipe down with soap, warm water, and a soft cloth is all you need. If you're looking to use a deeper cleaning product in your bathroom to cut down on germs and grime, we have a full list of approved cleaners that we have tested on our product. Feel free to download and reference our Approved Cleaners PDF as it offers the most exhaustive list.

Torquay is a slightly brighter white than our other lighter designs, so if you are looking for something with a bit more grey or more visible movement, we recommend checking out our entire collection of lighter designs on our website here. We think you'll find others you would like.

Thanks, hope this helps!

• Sandra Long
    7 years ago
    I would like a suggestion of what I can use for a backsplash with Bellingham Quartz vanity top. Light grey walls and white cabinets
  • Sandra Long
    7 years ago
    I failed to mention I have a double vanity in my bathroom with 3 mirrors above vanities.
  • PRO
    Cambria
    7 years ago

Hi Sandra,

If you’d like a streamlined look in your space, you may want
    to maintain Bellingham™
    in your backsplash to keep the same
    easy-clean convenience as the countertops. While this photo features our Summerhill™ design, it shows how a Cambria backsplash with
    similar hues can look in a small bathroom space: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQEKf4MgwbO/

Here’s another
    example of a narrower Cambria quartz backsplash (also Summerhill™) in a powder
    room for a simple yet stylish look: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgVmnehnYC

If you’d prefer
    the aesthetic of a tile backsplash, a mosaic tiles in a soft gray shade sounds
    like it would suit your space well while bringing out the tones of Bellingham™
    and your walls. There are a variety of tile shapes to choose from so it really
    comes down to personal preference.

We hope this
    helps you refine your choices and we wish you all the best with your project! For
    any more questions you may have you can reach us on Houzz or at 1-866-CAMBRIA.

• Kathi Steele
    7 years ago

Sandra, usually in the bathroom a 4" backsplash of the same material is used.

• P S
    Original Author
    last year

Hi all, I forgot to post after photos.

• P S
    Original Author
    last year

• Kathi Steele
    last year

Looks very nice!! Thank you for the update.

P S thanked Kathi Steele