Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ourgreatspace

IKEA oven cabinet and Kitchenaid oven-will it fit?

ourgreatspace
7 years ago

We bought a Kitchenaid 30" oven, KOSE500ESS, and want to install it into our soon-to-be-installed IKEA oven cabinet. But the cabinet, like virtually all base cabinets, is 24" deep. Well, actually, this is what it says in the IKEA website

System, depth: 24 "
Depth: 24 3/4 "

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59038572/

But the problem is that the oven installation directions specify a minimum of 25" depth, and a minimum interior width of 28 7/8, but I know the cabinet sides are 3/4, so the interior is 28 1/2.

The oven specs also say a minimum width of flush inset cutout of 30 1/4, but the cabinet is 30.0. I suppose I can get this by adding a cover panel on each side.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/KOSE500ESS/Flush%20Installation%20Instructions_EN.pdf

Am I an idiot for assuming that a 30" oven would fit in a 30" cabinet? Or is the IKEA cabinet smaller than most? Any ideas?

Comments (15)

• ourgreatspace
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Sophie, thanks so much. I found another installation guide that provides instructions for using a cabinet, and it looks like it will fit.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/KOSE500ESS/Installation%20Instruction_EN.pdf

Thanks again, I was beginning to panic.

• oliviag55
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I have a kitchenaid oven micro combo in ikea cabinetry. It fit. No issue. You dont have to use ikea appliances. Your cabinet installer can figure it out.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I ahve a double KA wall oven in an Ikea oven cabinet no problem These are the specs for your oven It should be fine remember the door sits past the cabinet

Depth

27 1/8

Height

28 3/4

Width

Cutout Depth

Cutout Height

Cutout Width

28 1/2

Interior Depth (in.)

• Emilie Weber
    7 years ago

OurGreatSpace - you bought the 30 inch wide KA Combination oven correct.? We are literally doing the exact same thing in our kitchen. Did you have to reinforce the cabinet at all? or did it just go right in? thank you! This is giving so much peace of mind before i purchase a 3K appliance.

• Emilie Weber
    7 years ago

also, do you have any photos of the finished product?

• dancer_eck
    7 years ago

Anyone? We just bought the KA 30" double wall oven and are trying to figure out which Ikea wall cabinet to purchase. Thanks!

• User
    6 years ago

Same question....can anyone confirm that this will fit? We're in the same boat :)

• Kaya Haskin
    6 years ago
    and why doesn't Ikea provide SOME kind of installation videos for their stuff? I've searched YouTube and Google and can't find any actual instructions.
    If someone could take some pics of their install that would be SO great!
  • Roi Mower
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I've found some IKEA how-to videos on youtube :-). Here is a link to one, but there are quite a few; maybe youtube is doing better finding them for 'us' :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8bxKzx9Cus

• Kaya Haskin
    6 years ago

Thanks Roi. Those videos may help some folks, but I STILL think that Ikea should make their own instructional videos, not just cute little videos about decorating lol

• User
    6 years ago

We discovered yesterday that there is a mystery part of the double wall oven cabinet that you only learn about in the instruction manual for their Nutid oven. Basically the shelf that the oven will rest on is not the standard one that comes with a Sektion cabinet, but a special reinforced shelf that has ventilation in the back and comes with special brackets for holding the shelf. You can see it in the Nutid instructions here: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_instructions/nutid-double-oven__AA-1350164-3_pub.pdf. The part is called the Utrusta reinforced cabinet shelf and the part number is 902.656.23. My contractor was really worried about the cabinet supporting the weight of my oven until we discovered that we hadn't been advised to get this additional piece.

• mikebone
    4 years ago

this is an older post but couple of ways to cheat on this - start by cutting a hole in the back of the ikea oven cabinet to remove the backing material where the back of the oven would sit - that'll give you at least 1/2" more depth. This instruction also appears in the ikea installation manual too.

Secondly, you can create more depth to your cabinets by pulling them out from the wall by 1/2" or so. simply mount the IKEA rail on a 1/2" wooden batten fixed to the wall.

Both of these solutions will give you at least another 1" or so of depth.

• brstone
    last year

I want to update this forum, as it was one I referred to when I was agonizing over whether a "non-Ikea wall oven would actually fit in an Ikea wall oven cabinet.

It does.

Every 30" wall oven I researched wanted a 28.5" opening...when I assembled Ikea's cabinet and measured the true opening, it was actually 28 3/8". I purchased a 30 inch wall oven to see if it would fit, and it fit like a glove.

• Erin Tarantino
    9 months ago

Brstone would you mind sharing what oven you put in there? Looking at wall ovens now. Thanks!!