albecky63

How to clear leaves from roof without getting ON the roof

albecky63
4 years ago

I live in a single-wide mobile home in the midst of a lot of trees. It is the usual low pitch of a mobile home roof. My husband always used to just climb up on the roof with a ladder and blow the debris off into the yard and then we'd deal with it from there. However, is now up to me to take care of the situation. I do all my own yard work--which is a LOT! Grass and such in summer, leaves in fall/winter--all my own lawn mower maintenance, etc. So, I am in good shape and reasonably athletic, but I do not like heights. I have attempted a time or two to get myself onto the roof from the ladder, but I just do not feel safe. I know if the roof was more steeply pitched, there are leaf rakes that would work while standing on the ground, but with the low pitch, I have not found anything that looks even remotely like it would actually work with me on the ground. I can't find any type of extension pole that has the angle in the actual pole where it is needed....just the ability to angle the head of the rake device. Does anyone have any suggestions other than just hiring someone to get up there and blow the stuff off 4 or 5 times a year? I sometimes overlook the obvious so just thought I'd ask in case there is an easy solution that I have overlooked!

Comments (6)