Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roosteronafencepost

What is behind the doors?

I see the door by the shower. Is that to the bedroom? What is behind the door at the end? I actually have about a 9x15 space, but with a chimney jutting out into the bathroom space in the middle of the bathroom wall that is between the bedroom and bath space. (about where your middle door is). So, it prohibits me from entering the bath space from the bedroom in the middle of the wall. Therefore, I either have to enter from the headboard side of the room (where your shower is), or the other end of the room,(where your commode is) . Either way, it leaves an awkward space on either side of the chimney for placement of things. It prohibits me from placing a tub or vanity, for instance, on the wall where your door is. I also have a window on the wall at the end that would be opposite your end door, that is not centered in the space. I see your layout and the dimensions you give and I think, "this is a nice layout" and I have more length than you, but then I have the chimney sticking out and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out to configure the layout. The farmhouse used to have one LARGE bathroom, 15x14, accessible from the hallway (from your end door for the hallway, and from the master where your commode is .) We are dividing it in 2, with a bath from the hall (where your door at the end is, and a bath for the master.) I have tried dividing it both ways, but if I divide it from your windows to the other wall, I still have to deal with windows and the chimney. Either way we divide it, we have the chimney to deal with and windows to deal with. If the chimney was not there, I wouldn't have any problems, but I can't take it out. But looking at this bathroom and your dimensions gives me hope that I can figure it out somehow, chimney be hanged! This is a gorgeous room and hopefully, if my two bathrooms come out half a pretty, I will be happy.
Barrington Farm House · More Info

Comment