Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karencee15

Are online kitchen redesign services out there?

karencee15
7 years ago

Hello,

We want to change a bit of our kitchen function and layout but are not needing to get new cabinets. Many of the local stores seem to offer kitchen design IF we are getting new cabinets, but we are not. They need painting or resurfacing but that's all. Beyond that we want to create a cute countryside seating/conversation area and add a pantry and desk where we have wasted shelving. If anyone knows of an online service that could lead us with some images and layout/color ideas please let me know. I realize these would be paid designers. Thank you.

Comments (5)

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

5K and you take responsibility for the mistakes because you are the ones on site providing the measurements. Plus around 4-8K for the pantry and desk area products. Which you still have to find someone local with cabinet installation skills to install. It's a lot harder than it sounds. Especially treating the existing as Legos. Most cabinets aren't worth ''rearranging''.

• nondesigneraaron
    7 years ago

layout · More Info

layout · More Info

layout · More Info

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

That is a gut, not a redesign. Site built aren't modular and cannot be rearranged.

• PRO
    The Kitchen Abode Ltd.
    7 years ago

Absolutely, I provide this type of service. However, there are some limitations when it comes to actual site conditions and measurements. Most of my clients utilize me to develop the overall concept and get things about 90% nailed down. They will then take this to someone in their locale and have them pick-it-up from there. The main advantage is that you are only obligated to the design cost which is typically a flat rate fee. Often if you work with a traditional kitchen cabinetry dealer they will want you to lock into an order before they will do any real design work, which is a significantly higher commitment. The other advantage is that I am only working for you and have no vested interest in selling you products or trade services.

Graham

• nondesigneraaron
    7 years ago

That's is the perfect scenario and what we are looking for. Thank you.