hudsonvalleygardens

Available: Common Milkweed Seeds (Asclepias syriaca).

Hudson Valley NY (zone 5)
October 20, 2016
last modified: October 20, 2016

Per Wikipedia: "This species is native to southern Canada and of much of the conterminous eastern U.S., east of the Rocky Mountains, excluding the drier parts of the prairies. It grows in sandy soils and other kinds of soils in sunny areas." In my area (NY zone 5), it also grows in moist soil/clay/rocky/part shade. As you probably know, this plant is host to the Monarch Butterfly and provides habitat for a community of other insects/hummingbirds. If interested, let me know in comment below. Thanks

• Hudson Valley NY (zone 5)

Here's a picture of the flowers, they have a fragrance similar to jasmine. Plants grow about 2' tall

• Annie (Georgia / USDA Hardiness Zone 8A)

Are the seeds for trade? SASE?

Hudson Valley NY (zone 5) thanked Annie (Georgia / USDA Hardiness Zone 8A)
  • Hudson Valley NY (zone 5)

Hi Annie(7) - SASE is fine. I have sent you a Houzz message. Thanks. (If you don't have any seeds to trade, that's OK, I'll mail you the milkweed seeds anyway). If you do have any to trade, I'd be interested to know. Thanks again.

I actually have swamp milkweed and aquatic milkweed seeds that other members kindly sent me since I am a newbie. I can regift you a portion of those seeds and you can also check out my trade list.

• Hudson Valley NY (zone 5)

Annie if you could let me have some zinnia seeds &white cone flower seeds that would be great, thanks! I have sent you a Houzz message.

• katinawoodruffborgersen

I'm looking for any type of Milkweed. I have several seed variety's I could trade. Thanks, Kat

• Adrienne Wallace

Hi! Do you still have some seeds available?