Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daduran

What color counter top would go with these cabinets

D D
7 years ago

The cabinets are a light maple. The new tub is the V&A Shropshire clawfoot tub, but I don't want an old "victorian" feel. I selected antico bianco granite, but I don't think this will go together. It's not templated or fabricated yet so I can still change it. The floor will be a wood look porcelain tile (Arizona Tile Sav Wood Iroko) and the shower walls will be a light creme color (Arizona Tile Cemento Cassero Beige). Thanks for your input Houzzers!

Comments (28)

• acm
    7 years ago

You need to add a photo that shows all your finalized finishes in one photo -- the cabinet, floor tile, and shower tile -- add a sample of the antico bianco if you have one, or anything else you're considering. A lot of times you have to take into account the color tones of beiges and creams to make sure everything works well together, so just color names and vague descriptions won't do.

D D thanked acm
  • printesa
    7 years ago

Go with something similar with the tile in the shower. You have several tones of beige in there and you need to make sure that they go together. I know it's difficult...I am trying myself to find some tile and the tones of beige can be difficult to match

D D thanked printesa
  • acm
    7 years ago

Here's that granite in a context with white and cream. Could work great. Need to get your samples together to check though.

Donna Venegas · More Info

D D thanked acm
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks acm. Unfortunately I don't have a sample of the antico bianco, but it's not as busy as some I've seen. Here's a picture of the samples I have. The accent on the left is just something I've picked out but not married to. The middle darker sample would be the floor and the two on the right (they're the same, just put them together for size) would be the shower and around the tub wall.

None of the tile has been ordered, so any suggestions are welcome, but I'd rather not change the vanity.

Printesa - yes beige is hard to match.

• User
    7 years ago
    Is this how the grain looks for the antico bianco or is it more on the lighter side
  • User
    7 years ago
    Do you have a paint color for the walls
  • er612
    7 years ago

Can you find a similar pic of the granite online? I googled it and it looks really busy for the space.

• suzyq53
    7 years ago

How about tumbled travertine tile? Granite isn't necessary in a bath and is already out of style.

• acm
    7 years ago

I think I would take my little pile of samples (including a cabinet drawer) to the stone yard and ask about remnants. Then you can get a good deal and check that everything matches in real time (and light). Agree that you don't need much more action in this space, but a little movement would be fine -- every slab is different, so you'll really need to finalize your decision in person anyway...

D D thanked acm
  • er612
    7 years ago
    D D thanked er612
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Er612. It's more like the picture in the fourth column, the middle picture. More light than dark.
    Painting the cabinet might be the resolution, but it's the type that has the veneer on the face (not the doors) so not sure what to do there, it looks like it just peels off. These cabinets are original to the house which was built in 1998.
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Jamie K Designs, thank you for the input. I agree it is dated.
  • PRO
    Heart of the Home
    7 years ago

Painting veneer is not impossible. A very light sand and a great primer should give adequate adhesion.

D D thanked Heart of the Home
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    What do you all think about Oceana quartz for a bathroom vanity?
  • printesa
    7 years ago

When I did a search for the floor tiles, the color I got was much lighter. I see yours is a darker one..not sure how that goes with the rest. I like the shower tile and the counter you posted above. I think those would go really well with the maple cabinet. The accent tile you chose is beautiful, though you might not need it

D D thanked printesa
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Printesa, you are correct, the color sample they gave me has the darkest shade of all the tile when placed together. The yard has the Oceana remnant available. I really thought I wanted granite but lighter granite is hard to find.
  • suzyq53
    7 years ago

I like the Oceana. Remnant sounds good. How does it look all together?

• User
    7 years ago
    How about this granite same website
    D D thanked User
  • User
    7 years ago
    Its called snowfall
  • D D
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The snowfall is a pretty granite and does go with all the colors, I'm not sure I saw that in the remnant yard. I do love that wavy tile and have contemplated using it.

• Candace Bailie
    7 years ago
    So now granite is out of style and natural maple is dated? Oy.
  • suzyq53
    7 years ago

Yep. Sorry.

• Candace Bailie
    7 years ago
    Don't know where you live, but where I am, in a little cow town called Chicago, that is definitely not the case. Taking this site too seriously could cause people to rip out their kitchens and baths every year
  • suzyq53
    7 years ago

Just new install. No need to replace.

• Steven
    7 years ago
    Why not use a brown quartz countertop?

Or Nero Assoluto granite? (Warning: doesn't fare well with water and soap suds. I recommend dark stain on the cabinets and a light countertop)
  • calidesign
    7 years ago

I would look for a cream quartz countertop that is the same shade as your shower tiles.

• User
    7 years ago
    What's stopping you @daduran.....Those wavy wall coverings are a beautiful textured piece give your shower wall a modern look