Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wmsimons85

White or bone/cream ceiling fan?

wmsimons85
7 years ago

Hello I would be very interested in opinions please.

I have three bedrooms I need to buy ceiling fans for. I have bought one Minka aire ceiling fan in a bone white. The walls in all rooms are a creamy white and I thought this color would look soft and nice. But the ceilings and trim are white now I am wondering if I should go with white Have not installed the bone colored one yet

Can I ask which one you would choose?

Thank you.

Comments (18)

• User
    7 years ago

My first reaction is white, but pictures would help.

• wmsimons85
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

They are empty at the moment unfortunately. But the photo is of the empty master bedroom and the three fans.

• wmsimons85
    Original Author
    7 years ago

• User
    7 years ago

It is a toss up, but if I were having to choose to hit the submit button, it would be the white;)

• wmsimons85
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you Margo

• tgb1
    7 years ago

I agree with Margo - the white will blend into the ceiling more, which is a good thing.

• chloebud
    7 years ago

Yes...white.

• wmsimons85
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you.

I have already ordered the first one with the led lights in bone. I will use it in one of the guest bedrooms instead. Just wish I asked here before buying it!

• PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    7 years ago

White. Paint your ceiling in the guest bedroom a similar color to bone white?

• wmsimons85
    Original Author
    7 years ago

After reading your responses I am worried about another room. There is a long narrow room 29 x 9.5 ft that the previous owner called a sunroom. I have ordered two bronze fans for that room.

Do you think I have made a mistake? Not installed yet.

• PRO
    Scott Design, Inc.
    7 years ago

I have never been a ceiling fan fan...especially one with a light. If a fan is requested, I prefer it to be as inconspicuous as possible and do its job to circulate air and not be a focal point. Lighting would be handled using other options. Obviously, this is only one opinion.

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

wmsimmons- Personally, I do not think you made a mistake. Many Houzzers do not like ceiling fans period. I happen to actually like ceiling fans. This is one of those design elements that you either like or not. I have 3 indoor fans and one outside on the porch. My fans do not blend in with the ceilings and they all have the lights. I actually like the contrast of the color of the fan to the ceiling. Please pick out what is appealing to you, do not get all caught up in what everyone says. There is no right or wrong, it is called personality;)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago
    While I am not a fan of fans either I would get floor model fan and get real ceiling mount chandeliers for bedrooms. They give more light, look better and enhance design of room. Light kits with fans are so restricted they throw very little light.
  • torreykm
    7 years ago

I'd say keep your bronze-finish fans if they'll work with the rest of the furnishings in that room. I agree with Margo. I live in the coastal south and fans are very much the norm, no matter the size/type of house (the lone exception being historic homes). Since most people here run their fans year round, the preference is to have ceiling mounts rather than floor fans sitting in every room. I choose my fans based on the decor of the room.

• raineycarole
    7 years ago
    Welcome to the South! You will learn to love ceiling fans. They are a necessity here in the heat and humidity. Your instinct was right-your color choices are perfect. Good luck in your new home.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

I am in Houston, hot and humid, and many are moving away from the ceiling fans. But, I don't think you will regret your choices, so relax and enjoy! Don't fret another second.

• J S
    7 years ago

I live in Phoenix where ceiling fans are a staple of life. I would never give up valuable floor space for a fan! As for your white/bone question, I would choose white to match the ceiling. As for your bronze fan question, I agree with others who said to go with what YOU like and if you think it goes with the other decor in your room. If it's pleasing to you, then it's the right choice.