sergie_sp

Is having 2 bath rug tacky ??

Jessica Paige
7 years ago
Debating if I should have two bath rug in my new master bath

Comments (19)

• Mark
    7 years ago

Your floor is really nice I wouldn't cover it with floor mats. They need constant maintenance to keep them clean too. :)

• Jessica Paige
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thank you so much guys I'll keep one :)
  • User
    7 years ago

A New one. Not the one you have.

• everdebz
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I think yours are fine, and useful if you think so. I have 3 in mine! Seeing the greenish sink, seems next time you could pick that hue but deeper, to blend into a darker floor a bit more...a quick grab is this idea:

Kassadesign Brights Bath Rug, Emerald, Medium 20"x32" · More Info

• Jessica Paige
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I returned the rug by the vanity it was blocking the door from opening
  • Jessica Paige
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    @everdebz such pretty color
    What brand ??
  • PRO
    Design809
    7 years ago

I agree with removing the one in front of the sink! Perhaps just a smaller white one that you can hang over the edge of the tub like they do in hotels, then place on the floor when you shower? I like using white...it gives a cleaner appearance, and you can bleach it.

• Jessica Paige
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks you guys :)
  • everdebz
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Kassatex in emerald green. On houzz.com you add to the cart.

On a laptop, a More Info 'button' shows, and that's what you click.

• felizlady
    7 years ago
    I like having something soft where I stand on my bathroom floors. Tile can be cold. Some tile is slippery when wet. My bathroom rugs are easily washed and dried, so they are NOT dirty. When I go to a hotel, I lay a towel on the bathroom floor because I don't like to have my bare feet where the cleaning crew's shoes have been.
    If you like rugs in your bathroom, you should have them. I will suggest that your rug should be the same width as your vanity or should run the width of your bathroom to include in front of your toilet. Of course, if the rug impedes the door opening and closing, you may need to find a thinner rug or use no rug.
  • Renee Texas
    7 years ago

yes, I hate cold floors. Can always take up the toilet rug if company is over.... I'd keep it for the comfort, though! Rug vanity looks too small, unfortunately.

• User
    7 years ago

People with complaints about cold bathroom floors should have put in under floor heating during the remodel.

• sandi125
    7 years ago
    I keep two or three sets for each bathroom that are washable. My husband likes them, and if they make him happy, then I am happy. Use what you like! Since you asked though, I would keep one folded on the tub edge and buy a bigger thin one that is washable for the sink. My deceased MIL's favorite question regarding house design was always "when did it become fashionable for our homes to look like no one lives in them?" Your home is not a designer showroom, so enjoy your rugs if they keep your feet warm. I do remove mine when we have dinner guests.
  • samondragon
    5 years ago

I'm not sure how you can have a well used bathroom and NOT have some kind of rug, especially by the tub / shower and under the sink. Do people really get out of the shower and stand dripping onto a tile floor? As for the sink area, even a quick washing of the hands can leave splashes of water on the floor. The trick is to find the appropriate style, thickness, size & color. For the tub area, removing the rug after use seems appropriate if guests also use that bathroom. As for a guest bath or powder room, I see nothing wrong with keeping an attractive rug in the sink area. I'd rather throw a rug in a washer than sneak into a guest bath to wipe down a wet floor. The bathroom in question above is particularly difficult for rug placement due to its diminutive size. NEVER a rug by the toilet. That's gross. I'd use one of those hotel bath mats for the tub area that can be placed away after use. I'd also have the door repositioned if possible so that it opens OUT instead of into the bathroom. The bathroom will look more open & you can actually fit a rug of some thickness as it won't be hindered by the door. You need to experiment with color as your floors are very dark brown. As for the grossness of dirty rugs, they are only gross if not laundered often enough.

• User
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

two rugs looks perfectly normal to me. many bathrooms don't have the perfect layout for just one. for those who vote for no rug at the vanity: no way could I stand that. when I step from the shower to the vanity to finish getting ready, I want to be comfortable in my bare feet - not just for warmth, but for cushioning. or to have something warm to walk on in the middle of the night when I have to pee.

• cheri woods
    5 years ago

I say get rid of those rugs and show off that beautiful wood floor which makes your bathroom look more updated and upscale.

• User
    5 years ago

just an fyi on rugs being out when entertaining: I usually take them away and have bare floors for parties. but for everyday use? I want the rugs.

• erinsean
    5 years ago

Love bath rugs but getting older we find throw rugs "throw" you. I put a bath mat in front of the shower so we don't drip and take it up again.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH