Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilovewhitekitchens

ORB hardware, brushed nickel lighting? Ok to mix the two??

The builder has already selected oil rubbed bronze hardware. If I go with stainless steel appliances I was thinking this would allow me to still opt for brushed nickel lighting (chandelier and lighting over the island)... wondering if that is a design faux pas that I will regret down the line? The kitchen is white FYI

Comments (16)

• michcanada123
    7 years ago

I think you should get the light fixtures. You can mix metals now. But I would be cautious about polished finishes with all the brushed finishes.

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Original Author
    7 years ago

So as long as i stick to brushed nickel I should be ok? it wouldnt look weird?

• michcanada123
    7 years ago

Mixing metals is in style. Check out jewelry as well as room ideas to see if you like it

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

By hardware do you mean pulls and knobs for cabinets? Or plumbing fixtures? In any case, you can change out cabinet pulls and knobs for brushed nickel which would look better in a white kitchen generally speaking. However, aged brass is also an idea to explore! If you have white cabinetry you could do pendants something like these.

Park Harbor PHPL5001S Belmar 9"W 1 Light Mini Foyer Pendant - Brushed Nickel · More Info
    This is a new twist with brushed nickel and chrome, and white globe.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

You would need to make sure you get the extra rods so you can hang this over your island at the proper level. Should hang about 32" over top of counter top, but that is a guideline.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

This is one of my favorites for white kitchens and this look is really hot right now.

Thomas O'Brien Hicks 1 Light Pendant in Bronze With Antique Brass Accents · More Info
    the aged brass white and black can go great in a white kitchen. A little pricey right now because they have become quite popular, but makes a statement for sure. Just depends on what style you are going for.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

The Columbus Lamp, Cord: Black/White, Hardwire, Without Plug · More Info
    This is interesting too and would look great in a white kitchen.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Transitional Kitchen · More Info
    This is good example of new aged gold pendants and hardware on white cabinets.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Kitchen · More Info
    Globe pendants in white kitchen with stainless appliances.

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yes, by hardware I mean the knobs and pull, etc... I am debating if I need to match the faucet to the cabinet hardware or if I did a brushed nickel if that would allow me to then incorporate nickel light fixtures too....?

• Lisa G
    7 years ago

ORB cabinet hardware will be fine to mix with brushed nickel light fixtures. You'll want a brushed nickel faucet also.

• Lisa G
    7 years ago

I'm actually doing the opposite in my white kitchen...brushed nickel cabinet hardware & sink faucet but ORB light fixtures. I'm just not drawn to most brushed nickel light fixtures.

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That's actually what I would prefer, Lisa G... I think the oil rubbed bronze is too dark against the white cabinets PLUS the dark lighting fixtures. I would've preferred the ORB lighting and nickel hardware, but it's already been installed...

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

You do not have to match pulls and knobs to faucet finish. However, if you want really clean look, brushed nickel hardware (pulls and knobs) and brushed nickel faucet, especially if sink is in an island where faucet is quite prominent, that combo works really well, then you can do what you want on the pendants.

• Lisa G
    7 years ago

You can easily change out the cabinet hardware after you move in for a few hundred dollars. Our cabinets came without hardware and we're getting ready to order ours. We have 49 doors/drawers and it's only going to cost $200. We're going with Amerock Westerly pulls on everything.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio