Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_t_bass

How I want to do my new bedroom

ashley_t_bass
11 years ago
Please please tell me what specific store you got both fabrics from and cannot find footstool or canvases or if you know the name of the fabric I would be very greatful the room is beautiful and I want mine just like it so I need to know as soon as possible......no rush thought :)
Thanks soooooo much!
Master Bedroom #1 · More Info

Comments (5)

• Brian Benda
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    All of the bedding was custom made by a family member with the stitching skills to do so. The fabric for the duvet, shams, and skirt were all purchased from a place called The Fabric House in Nashville, Tennessee. Their phone number is 615-837-0000. They carry hundreds if not a thousand or more fabrics -- great place. Most medium to bigger cities will have a similar fabric store. Sorry, but I do not know the name or maker of the fabric. if you will provide me your email address, I will be glad to email you an up-close picture of the pattern so that you can make inquiries. The colors in the fabric is a silvery grey with a darker grey pattern.

The footstool or bench was purchased from Restoration Hardware. They call it their Tufted Bench, and it is on their website for $420-560. We purchased this one from their Nashville store. It was on the floor and had been discounted like 50% for some reason. I think one of the employees stripped a screw on one of the legs. I fixed it and it is like new.

The canvases, I believe, were purchased from Home Goods. If you have a Home Goods store in your area, go there. You will almost certainly not find these exact canvases, but they have a great selection of pictures. Another suggestion would be to check out T.J. Maxx. With both of these store, you never really know what they are going to have, so you just have to make a habit of checking back. There is no identifying mark on the canvases indicating a way to trace their maker.
  • Brian Benda
    11 years ago
    What I would suggest, if you don't know someone with the ability to make bedding, find a good seamstress in your area. Use the yellow pages or do a Google search. I have no idea what a qualified seamstress will charge for their work, but I believe the fabric ran kind of expensive for this bed. Fabrics can vary widely in price. We did several rooms at one time, so I am not sure how this room ultimately broke down price-wise, but I know we spent over $1,000 on fabric. For one of our rooms, we purchased a king bedding set from Haverty's recently. I want to say that it ran about $400-500. It is also very nice and trendy, and included duvet and shams (but not skirt). So, by having one custom made you can get exactly what you want, but I am not sure you are necessarily going to save any money. Hope this helps! Good luck! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Brian Benda
    11 years ago
    Actually, if you want an up-close look at the pattern on the fabric, check out the (non-professional) pictures I uploaded from my phone. Here is the album:

http://www.houzz.com/projects/106401

Check out the second picture. The lighting and color is pretty bad, but it will give you a good idea of the pattern. Again, hope this helps!
  • ashley_t_bass
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank u that was very helpful I will hopefully find the fabric and footstool and some similar canvases soon enough to start to redo my room in June right now I am just gathering information about things so I can go head and order them or find them somehow thank u again for taking all of that time to type up all of that I appreciate it very very much!! :)
  • PRO
    style by design
    11 years ago
    i found the bed side tables at urban home in california. http://www.shopurbanhome.com/display_product.php?prodid=1911
Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone