Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beryl_pai

50 shades of grey!! Need help w Basement color

Beryl Pai
7 years ago

Finally both kids can go down the basement unassisted, our newest project is moving all their toys down there and get our living room back lol. Our basement with no natural light about 600 sq feet, just put in a lot of LED recessed lighting and need to pick a color to go with the not so pretty carpet which we will eventually replace with a lighter color one after kids get older. This space will mostly use as a play room.

My question is

1. I am looking at SW versatile grey, but wasn't too sure if it's going to be a shade too dark for basement. Any other color suggestions? What color will go with that blue color carpet(it's more blue in person)? We do like to make it warmer color in the basement, so any blue wall is out

2. Do you think we can do a accent wall, with the space so chop up with all the vent and duck? really like the one in last pic. The 3rd pics is the accent wall color I am thinking with the versatile grey in the middle. But again, will a darker accent wall might get the basement a dark feel?

3. Which wall should be accent wall of I do pick one? The whole wall one the tv side with white bookcase, the wall right after the stairs only? Or the wall between 2 white bookcase?

the painter is coming Monday, so I have 2 days. With the power of houzzer- hope I can do it lol.

Thanks for your help in advance and all suggestions are welcome:)

Comments (5)