Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
curly129

What are the beautiful counters used in this kitchen island?

curly129
7 years ago
Historical & Modern Heights Kitchen and Mudroom Renovation · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Dawn Cook Design
    7 years ago
    Hello! That is a slab of Carrera Marble, pretty right?
  • curly129
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you for responding.

Yep! I thought it was marble, I just was not sure if it was Gold...more beige tone veinings vs the traditional grays. I have been trying to steer myself away from marble (you hear the stories...), but I am so drawn to its natural beauty. Oh to not be a messy cook and an amazing cleaner :x

• PRO
    Dawn Cook Design
    7 years ago
    Love Calcutta Gold, we put marbles in many kitchens and baths! All natural stone is susceptible, but that is just a disclaimer. Proper care and maintenance keeps it looking beautiful! I would go for it. Every kitchen in Italy has marble, and I being Italian am not a clean cook, you should have what you love!
  • curly129
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you once again for responding. Calacutta Gold is my fave (not the price though)...that's what I thought was in the kitchen you had posted. We have cherry cabinets, so I'd prefer cream and beige tones vs the white of many marbles. I'll have to look closer at your space, maybe that marble could work...I believe there were wood cabinets as well.

I have not found an "alternative" Calacutta Gold option...many have suggested Quartz etc for their gray/white marble options.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and expertise!