Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
margotgonz

Can you help me match the cabinet paint?

margotgonz
11 years ago
I have a sample of the Ash color from Restoration Hardware you said was used to paint the cabinets, but it looks nothing like the color in the picture. In the picture , the cabinets look white/off white...when I tried the color on a piece of my cabinet, it looks almost like a light brown/beige color. Was the color used mixed lighter? I think I read that you used Benjamin Moore and had it matched....is it possible to get the BM color match. It is truly a spectacular bathroom. Ours is almost done except for the color matching on the cabinet color. Thanks so much for your help!!
Ranch Remodel · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    JCA ARCHITECTS
    10 years ago
    Sorry I took so long in getting back to you. The picture may be deceiving. It is the Restoration Hardware color Ash, which is a very pale gray/almost white color. I asked the painter what we did to get the color. I remember it was quite a bit of work. Unlike most of the big paint companies, Restoration Hardware, at that time, did not give out its color component make-up. As a result, we had to rely on computer and eye matching. We just kept working at it until we got it right. I read a few forums today that said that Benjamin Moore does now have the color combinations to get Restoration paint matched correctly.

I would not say that the Ash color was brown or beige in this room, but it gets A LOT of light so it may different in your environment. All that said, if you think that the Ash color is wrong you may want to look at the Benjamin Moore 'OC' number color lines and the Affinity colors. They have some great whites. OC-17 is a very soft white. I think it is the perfect white that is almost the color of milk. 2143-70 almost white is a very pure white color. AF-15 Steam is a great light gray/white color. 968 Dune White is pretty.

Sorry for rambling. I hope that helps a little. Good luck with your project!
  • margotgonz
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I just have to say, you are so amazing in your guidance and the willingness to share your knowledge. Thank you so very much for all the information. There is no greater compliment than when others seek to replicate something that you've done artistically...especially if it brings joy and beauty into people's lives...and no greater good than the graciousness to share that knowledge. Best regards, ML
  • philliplisa
    10 years ago
    I have to say I agree! I think this room is lovely. I don't have any questions right now, but it is so nice of you to share your time and advice with everyone!
  • bbebliss
    9 years ago
    Elegant work and thank you for sharing with all of us!
Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH