Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmetchikian

Naturally Aged Flooring Medallion Collection - La Jolla

Karyn B
7 years ago

Does anyone have experience with Naturally Aged Flooring Medallion Collection? We are seriously considering purchasing this in the La Jolla, a 8 3/4 wide white oak plank. I'm looking for anyone that has installed these floors to understand how they hold up. We have 2 kids, ages 6 & 8. My understanding is that they have a polyurethane finish. I've seen a few questions asking about these floors, but none have been answered. I can't find any reviews or complaints online. Looking for some advice on this. Thank you.

Comments (22)

• Con Maffei
    7 years ago

Have you learned anything else about the Naturally Aged Flooring Medallion Collection? I too have been trying to get some info on the brand but haven't found much. Thank you

• Maxwell VII
    7 years ago

I would just go with solid hardwood flooring, especially if you have young children. Engineered hardwood is just that - engineered. It's man-made from plywood with just a veneer of hardwood on the surface. Veneers are thin. It's nothing like having solid wood through and through in terms of quality and durability.

• Con Maffei
    7 years ago

Thanks, Maxwell! I would love to go with solid hardwood, but our home is being built on concrete and that is not an option. I've been doing some reading on other types of flooring but really don't want to go with porcelain, which seems to be durable and low maintenance. I've read about these luxury vinyl planks CORETEC PLUS but keep wondering if it would feel too fake.

• Maxwell VII
    7 years ago

I don't know who told you that, but as long as the concrete is properly dried and a vapor retarder is installed over it, it's generally not a problem. Either plywood or what are called "Sleepers" are placed on top of the concrete to provide a nailing base for the hardwood.

Talk to your builder.

• Gini Miller
    6 years ago

Hi Karen B, did you decide to go with the La Jolla, it's beautiful, I'm definitely considering this flooring. My flooring guy is quite picky and this is one of the lines he installs.

• Gini Miller
    6 years ago
    Thank You for your detailed reply, the La Jolla “by Naturally Aged Flooring” is an engineered wood. When making an investment in flooring, knowledge is power.
  • April Ruiz
    5 years ago
    I installed La Jolla in my home in August of 2017 and it is amazing. I have a 15 month old and a 2 1/2 year old.
  • nattyann
    5 years ago

Would love to see pictures April!

• Kesha
    5 years ago

April, if you have pictures, I'd also like to see. :-) I have two wild kids, 4 and 7 and am looking for a floor with good reviews.

• April Ruiz
    5 years ago
    Here are some photos. Color was different than the La Jolla samples, but still beautiful.
  • April Ruiz
    5 years ago
    I did the entire house except bathrooms of course.
  • Kesha
    5 years ago
    It's very pretty!
  • Karyn B
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

We did go with the Naturally Aged Flooring in La Jolla, and we are so pleased! It's been about 15 months and it still looks beautiful. We installed them throughout our downstairs with the exception of the bathroom and laundry room. There are a few places where we've gotten dents, but they are not noticeable to anyone but me. The grain and the color variation hide any imperfections. I'm trying to convince my husband to install the same floors upstairs! My kids are 8 & 10 and the 10 year old neighbor boy is usually at our house too. Frequently we have 6-7 kids playing at our house with legos, nerf guns, train tracks, hot wheels, etc. All downstairs on the hardwood floors.

• kstocklmeir
    5 years ago
    Hi Karyn - glad to hear you love your floors! Would you possibly be able to post a few pictures of them? Thanks!
  • Rhonda Wardell
    5 years ago

April, It looks like your floor has a lot of red. Is it the floor or the lighting? What about you, Karyn?

• Karyn B
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We’re so happy with our floors! It’s been 2 years since we went with the La Jolla color from Naturally Aged Flooring. It has held up well to kids and our dog. Our floors do not have any red tones in them - more greys, taupes & browns.
  • Gini Miller
    5 years ago

Thank You for the updated photos, Karyn B. our floors will be going in soon, I chose this flooring well over a year ago to go into our new build. I can't wait! It looks amazing in your home.

• Rhonda Wardell
    5 years ago

Thanks Karyn for replying and posting pictures. I had a water issue and have to replace my floor. I have been going to the floor stores several times. So indecisive. Ha. This week I looked at the medallion collection and now that several of you have purchased this floor and are happy with it I am excited about finally making my decision. Thank all three for replying.

• Rick Benak
    4 years ago
  • Rick Benak
    4 years ago

naturally aged flooring is the worst. they don't stand behind the product or any warranty.

just check out BBB and you'll see. Buyer Beware

• Karyn B
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. Hope you're able to work it out to your satisfaction. We've had our floors for almost 3 years now and have not had any issues. Our floors were glued down as we are on a concrete slab. We do have a step down in our living room so there is an edge piece that was nailed, but no issues there. Good luck and hope it works out for you.