jpark_post

Help needed - window treatment for 3-pane windows with transom

jpark_post

Hello,

I have 3-pane windows with transom and I'm figuring out the window treatment for this. As you can see, transom window and the window below are not separated - vinyl window frame is running between two so there is a challenge for us to do something we want.

1. Since the window is facing south so we to get more sunlight we want to leave the transom window opened. But it looks like it's hard to attach the center mount to the vinyl window frame instead of the window edge that we will attach it when we just cover the transom window altogether. Is that right?

2. The other option that I think of is to install cellular shade with top-bottom so that we can open top when we want. That might work but my wife strongly wants sheer shade which then we run into a problem that we can't have 3 on 1 (we want to control shade for each pane separately) and definitely we can't open the top too (so that we have to cover the transom or open it if possible - probably very ideal way to do so).

3. Is there better way that we leave the transom window opened, have separate control for each pane and have shade that the sunlight still comes in?