Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrapowitzky

MSI Quartz: Cashmere Carrara vs. Calacatta Vicenza OR Cambria Torquay

Kim
7 years ago

Help please! I've searched and read the forums on all of these quartz colors, but need to make a decision today and I'm still torn! Does anyone know from a real life situation if the Cambria product is that much superior to the MSI products? Obviously the price of the MSI products appeal to me, but I don't want a sub-par product. Also, my husband and I prefer the look of the Calacatta Vicenza out of the 2 MSI choices, but I'm concerned about the quality. Can anyone weigh in - especially with actual use information? Thanks so much!

Comments (14)

• agk2003
    7 years ago

we have MSI arctic white. it's an exact match to my eye to pure white from caesarstone (i had samples of both). i think the msi was half the price from our fabricator so we went with the MSI. we couldn't be happier. we've been using it about 8 months and nothing stains it and it's super easy to maintain. i just wipe it down with a sponge with dish soap and water. if there are any stains, countertop spray does the trick, and for any scuff marks or tough stains, bar keepers friend takes everything out. we also looked at cambria torquay but we wanted something that looked like marble and we thought it didn't look "real" enough. that's how we found msi and their cashmere carrarra. but we ended up going with arctic white because of our backsplash selection. i have no experience with cambria as far as using their product so can't help there. good luck!

• Kim
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks so much @agk2003. I really appreciate the information.

• Megan McAllister
    6 years ago
    Which did you end up choosing? I'm trying to decide between same ones! :)
  • Mary Watkins
    6 years ago

did you end up choosing? anyone else have thoughts on this topic? we are trying to decide between cashmere carrar or calacatta vicenza. thanks!

• Terri_PacNW
    6 years ago

My opinion of them..again, I went with real marble. The vecenzia is a more "brushed veining" and softer. The Cashmere is a bit stonger/darker colored "veining" but also looks a bit pixeled up close. From a distance they both look very white horizontally.

• Melissa Franco
    5 years ago

any pictures of the calcatta vicenza? I'm torn and trying to decide if its right for my kitchen or not.

• Melissa Franco
    5 years ago

Mary Watkins what did you end up going with? I'm trying to decide between calcatta vicenza polished or honed and I cant decide

• Melissa Franco
    5 years ago

Terri_PacNW hello, i'm trying to decide between calcatta vicenza in polished or honed and i can't decide. It seems like the polished shows more or a deeper gray and is more of an ivory color where as in honed(matte) its more white and more subtle gray which is what i'm looking for but i've heard nothing but bad things on here about the honed quartz?

• Kara M
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What did you decide. I’m also considering the callacatta Vicenza or cashmere Carrara. Like the whiteness of the carrara but the softness of the Vicenza.

• Melissa Franco
    5 years ago

I like the calacatta vicenza it seems white to me. i'm just torn between getting it polished or matte ( honed )

• Crissa Cook
    5 years ago

We've had MSI Arctic White for over 18mos now. I love it. Haven't had any scuffing, scratching, or staining issues. Damp paper towel takes most everything off. I use Clorox Wipes for coffee rings or berry "ghosting" and give it a good general wipe down 2x per week. We looked at a lot of the quartz "marble" looking options, but someone made a comment that the veins either look fake or resemble (leg) spider veins. After hearing that, I can't "unsee" it! ha! The plain white has been a perfect backdrop for adding color and texture elsewhere (grout, wood cutting boards, walls, etc.). I also find that I like seeing exactly how dirty the counter top is (so I can wipe it off)!

• HU-582526304
    5 years ago

Does any one have a picture of the Arctic white countertops installed?

• Fsal
    5 years ago
    Following.
Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida