Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiltrunner

Coastal turquoise green exterior?

kiltrunner
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi fellow houzzers! We are building a tiny retirement house in a beach town, but on the mainland next to the river, not the actual beach.

i have always had cheery yellow house exteriors, but with this house, my immediate neighbors house colors are yellow-gold, and a yellow toned tan. I thought I might go beachy and use SW tidewater (a gray toned bluish turquoise) but realized the neighbor directly across has a very similar blue.

So now we are thinking a nice green- hued turquoise, but I'm having trouble finding samples of this kind of exterior color. I'm scared to pick something I haven't seen a sample of on a house. My fear is having an Easter egg color I'll regret. I'm not afraid of color- I'm an artist in a beach area, but I don't want to be too tacky. Just this once.

Can anyone share a picture of a turquoise green exterior color and the paint chip color it is? I'm resorting to walking up to houses with my paint chips, trying to match. My husband is afraid we are going to get shot.

Here is a picture with the board and batten siding being put on. It's already a yellow color. The shingles are a light gray. The exterior lights will be gray tin barn lights, and there will be some corregated tin accents here and there.

thanks in advance for any help.

Comments (4)