Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imaravelakis

granite and backsplash

imaravelakis
7 years ago
Hello. I love this kitchen and my kitchen cabinets are a similar color (a dark, deep brown with a VERY slight hint of red...chocolatey, I would say) and my floor tiles are beige (maybe with a slight hint of taupe). However, I have had a nightmare of a time finding a granite that would match. Can you please tell me which one this is? Is it the Giallo?
Modernizing the forever home · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Carter Decor
    7 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, the granite for this project was indeed the Giallo. If your cabinets are similar in color then this granite will go beautifully with it.

• imaravelakis
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Can you please give me some other recommendations for a similar color scheme? I do not like the yellow that comes out in most Giallo slabs. The Verona, for instance is very yellow for me. What do you think of this Bianco Antico? Would you consider it to be too grey?

• imaravelakis
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Carter Décor. Thank you so much for the advice. I was actually very relieved to hear you say that Antico is on the Grey scale because I thought that I was the only one who could see that!! The lighting in the picture is not great but if you saw my cabinets you would see a very small hint of red in them. I had specifically asked for "dark brown with a small hint of red"...My problem so far has been that I have tried so hard to FIT my swatches with the trending colors, such as Bianco or Alaska White, that I overlooked some colors that may actually go better. Just yesterday I found a Typhoon Bordeaux. It's a little busy but the colors look spectacular with my swabs. I am planning to go back and give it a second look to see if I still like it and I will upload a picture so you can give me some feedback. Thank you again!!

• imaravelakis
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Carter Décor! It's me again! I just noticed you are in the Montreal area! I may just give you a call to help me with the rest of the décor because this is just too hard for me!! lol...

• PRO
    Carter Decor
    7 years ago

We would be happy to help you with your project! All design consultations are $75/hour. Call us any time at 514-695-2222.

• imaravelakis
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Carter Décor. What do you think of this one? Definitely less grey in this one

This one is Typhoon Bordeaux. Is a little busy but I think it matches well, no?

• Irene Maravelakis
    6 years ago

Hi Carter Décor. I want to call you for a consultation. I have noted your phone number but who do I ask for?